Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ralph Dream, The Balloons

Saturday night into Sunday morning, I had a dream about Ralph, the singer Penney and I used to go see faithfully every night when his band was in town. We even traveled out of town to watch them perform. It was fun being a groupie and actually saying "I am with the band." Ralph was one The most gorgeous men I have ever laid eyes upon much less met and actually got to know. He was Puerto Rican. He looked a lot like Paul Stanley of Kiss with the long dark curly hair. I wonder if he was a website since he does still sing the last we heard.

I have had two negative dreams about Ralph. One years ago where he was so cold and ugly to me. I could not shake that dream. I remember going to see a Richard Pryor film about his latest stand up after he'd been burned. The dream bled over into my mood the entire day. I couldn't get into the movie because I kept remembering how awful Ralph treated me in the dream. I did not find the show funny at all. It was a waste of my money.

In this recent dream, I saw him at my local library. He was with 3 or 4 other strange looking guys leaning towards the homo look. He was not very friendly towards me at all which really hurt my feelings especially after the way we supported him. He and his friends were playing some sort of game on paper. The paper was left in the corner of the card catalog. When they left, I went over to get it. I left my purse. When I came back ALL my credit cards had been stolen! Of course I woke up immediately relieved it was only a dream. I am sure my reunion last night had something to do with it. I am seeing being accepted in my dreams as well as my art work. I had not thought about Ralph in ages. No one at the bash reminded me of him. Not even the music they played. Now Gary was a different story because they played "You'll Never Find a Love Like Mine" which was our song.

I wondered what the library part meant, but I haven't a clue where my dream dictionary is located. Am I spending too much time at the library? This is the 2nd one I have had about him where he is not his friendly self as he is in reality. Who knows? Rhett would tell me it is only a dream.


Well, I had trouble with some of the pictures going on the blog as you can see for yourself... Then I thought maybe the pictures were not meant to be on here. I kept playing with it until I at least go the photo of the two of us on it in the right hand corner of the blog so I am somewhat content.



This week has been a blur of emails of snapshots of last weekend's bash sent back and forth among classmates. Most have thanked me for sending them. My fellow classmate Darryl took 3 of Don and I which he sent along with 12 other pics! He got one of me doing what I typically do now... look over the rim of glasses at close up objects which shows I am getting old, but not old enough to need bifocals yet! I couldn't believe he took so many of us. I would love to be able to upload them and print them, but not sure exactly how to do that yet. Darryl helped some and I am sure he would instruct me more if I asked him.



I have not done much artistically this week except finish the Bird Abstract Sunday night which took about an hour to do. Rhett was "supervising" the pieces I added to it. I took it to have a color copy made yesterday, but the black bird in the bottom did not turn out well due to the foil wrapping paper I used for the wing. So I learned something.... I should have already known - not to use shiney objects. I remember that from my art teacher in college.

I did take one photo this week. Once again Rhett inspired me. He left a pile of colorful water balloons on his table. I took that with the flash and really liked the way the colors turned out on it. I submitted it today to zazzle.com as a postcard and a stamp. They accepted it immediately. Zazzle had created my submissions as a slide show which really made my day. I have the link below... hope it works. If not just go to zazzle.com. In the search box, type in theRAV and it should bring it up for you.



< embedwmode="transparent">
sRc="htttp://www.zazzle.com/assesets/swf/zp/ap.swf?cn23859484159891386&st=date_created&t1=My+zazzletPanel&skn=default&ch=theRAV"


While watching the slide show of my submissions, I saw where someone had voted 5 times for my blue star lights. I was so excited to see that.
Now blogger is not letting me upload the picture of the balloons. Hopefully I can do it later....
I did try to call my "friend" Bonnie on her birthday on the 15th. I called from my cell as I was leaving work. It just rang & rang and rang. No answering machine picked up, but I did wonder if she was looking at the caller id. My cell would have come up unknown. I tried again the next day on the 16th which is a special memory day for me. Bonnie answered and was so shocked it was me. She can't believe I remembered her birthday. It is the same day as one of my cousins. Then there is the day after which I am not likely to ever forget in several lifetimes. How could you forget the day you met someone you loved?
Of course it was not possible to meet with Bonnie. I should have know this. She said she'd already made plans while I knew she probably had no plans whatsoever. She was just saying that. Being her usual Bonnie self. I know her too well. I had wanted her to see all my art work which I have in the form of photgraphs. I carry them with me in my large quilted bag now. I told her I might mail some of them to her, but I don't think I shall. I wanted to explain my photos. Plus it would cost to mail them to her. Not that I am a cheap skate. I suppose I still do not feel she is worth the stamp. Now if it were any of my other friends, it would be a different story entirely.
I probably won't hear from her for months now. She will call while I am cooking supper or I am about to dash out the door. She will get mad because I don't have the time to talk to her and probably make some snide comment that will make me mad. Our history will repeat yet itself again. Why did I even bother? I just felt this really strong urge to try to reach out to her. Once again she pushed me away. Oh, well, her loss.
There was also an email about how well you know your friends. My friend MikeE's answers were the funniest. He made me realize we have been friends for over 33 years which is a really long time. Almost a lifetime. I have always had really long friendships and am so thankful for them. David knew me best and only missed one question which was the color of my eyes. It made me feel good. I got all of his right except for his favorite color. I know my friends and my friends know me. I am very lucky to have them. I was really glad I did this email.
Quotes of the Day:
Take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every 60 seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
-Unknown-
Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth,
-Benjamin Disraeli-
Seize opportunity by the beard, for it is bald behind.
-Bulgarian proverb-
Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
~Lucille Ball~
She is a friend of my mind.... The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.
~Toni Morrison~
I sent these to my friend Kevin in our computer dept. He called me the next day to thank me for his "package". Package? What package? Then he reminded me. I told him I thought I was in the beginning stages of Alzheimers because I forget too much. He told me I was too young for that. He put the Bulgarian proverb on the bulletin board for all workers to read.
As for the Alzheimers, my mom thinks I just have so much on my mind that it is hard to remember everything. Like my Aunt Pearl's nasal operation on Wednesday. I completely forgot about it until mom called me to tell me she went through it fine. I felt bad. They kept her in the hospital since my uncle was in a wheelchair. It was a good thing because her nose started bleeding again later but luckily they got it under control.
I think I have been doing well in the mornings remembering everything I am supposed to do in order to get Rhett off to school.
Today was a good day. Hope your's was as good as mine.
I totally give up on this blog. Now its not spacing correctly. What's a blogger to do?

No comments: