Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What Made You Feel Good Today?

I had the day off yesterday. I went to Rhett's gifted school. They were having a Spanish celebration. I took taquitos which were a hit. They scarfed them down. There were none left on the plate. Maybe I should take those to church next time. Rhett and another boy did a power point presentation. I don't even know who to use power point! I was so proud of him. The kids thought I was his grandmother when I walked in, but I did not let that bother me. He plainly told them I was his mom. One little girl later asked me if people confused me for his grandmother. I told her "NO!" Still didn't let it get to me. So I was proud of myself.

After that I FINALLY finished my Autumn postcards yesterday with a few more left over to send to close friends. I went to the post office to buy the stamps and mail Genie's belated birthday package. The post office had a program for $19.99 where you could use your photos as postage stamps sort of like zazzle. Out of the postcards came my quote for the yesterday....

Sometimes you need to go with your first choice.
~Becky Bristow Voyles~

You will better understand this when I post the postcard on here and what it says on the back.... I want them to go out to the recepients first before I post it. I don't want to spoil their surprise. Especially if they are reading my blog like I read their's almost daily.

I did some stuff for mom. Picked up Rhett at shool. He was wanting turkey and dressing after al he'd eaten at both schools! I told him it wasn't Thanksgiving yet; that he would just have to wait til then! LOL I got him a frozen tv dinner with turkey and stuffing instead. Then I went to have color copies made of Wesley Rose's picture I created for her birthday. The copies turned out even better than the original. I used real cotton balls for the clouds. They smushed just right to make them look real; more real than in the original. It made it look as if I used a colorless blending pen on it which I have not used in ages. I'd still remember how to use it. LOL I am keeping the original so I can reuse it over and over and again... like when I have my big art showing which is now a new dream of mine. I can see it now... the invitations... the opening night.... all my family and friends there.... my mom says I am getting ahead of my horses. But I can still dream it.

I showed the original as well as the copies o fWesley's picture to my co-workers who told me I am in the wrong profession which I already knew that a long, long time ago. I knew it when I was writing thousands of poems at JCP. I knew it when I was drawing at Gayfer's Hair Salon. Still the words made me feel very good today.

What made you feel good today?

More quotes for today....

It is the soul's duty to be loyal to its own desires. It must abandon itself to its master passion.
~Rebecca West~

The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions:
could have, might have, and should have.
-Louis Boone-

A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
~Grace Murray Hopper~

When we see our destiny we can't turn back. Plough forward.
~Jane Poe~

I got my friend Anne hooked on http://blogthings.com/

I did the intelligence report today after she did her's. I liked her's better, but both were right on target. Here is mine:

Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence

You are excellent with words & language. You explain yourself well. (Althought Don might not agree with that statement. LOL) An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly. You are also good at remembering info and convincing someone of your point of view. A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary. You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.

Next I did our pirate names. Mine is Surgeon Janie Jailbird which is really funny since I work in a prison! Donovan's was Arch-Pirate Henriques the Englishman. Rhettman's was Cannibal Long Ben.

Anne also did her birth order. She gave me another quote of the day which I found totally cute and hilarious...

"I'll never leave a mark on anybody unless it's a magic marker."

She also went on to say how our friend Mike E is a much better poet than she is, but he hides his light under a bushel. But she is "glad to see I have overturned my bushel. " No one has ever said that to me before. I loved it!

Then Anne sent me a very funny dumb blonde joke. I had to cover my mouth to keep from bursting out laughing. This made me feel good also. Thanks, Anne. Today has been a very good day. Hope your's was as good as mine.

No comments: