Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Geese - Art from My Soul



Sometimes I totally amaze myself... this is one of those times. I needed one of those insoles you cut to fit inside your shoe. I bought one, cut it to fit my shoe size and saw a pattern in the shape I cut. Only I would find one. So I took it immediately to a cream colored piece of my son's construction paper because I couldn't find my poster paper. I placed the shape down and repeated the pattern over and over again and again knowing it would be another abstract which seems to be my specialty these days. I could see geese. I colored all blue eyes first and almost left them with just blue eyes and nothing else. I took the 1st photo so I can still keep it simply blue eyes if so desire or if someone else would like it that simple. Then I began coloring them in with a cream colored pencil. I used almost half the pencil! I painted the beaks. I began this idea at 9 pm and finished a few minutes after 11. Not that I was timing myself but two hours of work wasn't bad. I was still shaking my head in disbelief at where all my inspiration comes from. Thank you, Muse. Thank you, God. Who knew?
I told Don since I cut the design out of what went in my shoes, does that make it art from my soul? I trully believe it does. Of course he groaned and went to bed.
Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are not having goose! LOL
theRAV
P. S. sorry the typing format is not working like it should. I assure you it is not the typer's fault.
Quote of the Day:
Love the heart that hurts you,
But never hurt the heart that loves you.
-Vipin Sharma-

No comments: