Friday, January 18, 2008

Where You Are

"...One single drop of water to a thirsty soul..." ~theRAV~

Remember that who you are with is always more important than where you are.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr-

Today I am thrilled to the max. I had two comments on yesterday's blog post. I "met" Janet of Lavendar Loft via an email. A new artisically creative fellow blogger/friend. If you visited her blog yesterday via my link, please do visit her flicker site at:
http://www.flicker.com/photos/jkbees. Click on her photostream to view all her wonderful work. It is well worth the visit. I will be thinking of her artwork the rest of the day... I love how all of us are different in our styles yet I see similarities in theme. I know it is a good thing our art is different yet the similarities are comforting to me.

I am loving this creative streak I am on. Long may it continue...

I knew it would be hard to top yesterday's creation and was not expecting to out-do myself. So it is just more bits and pieces that will eventually form a whole piece of work. Thus another quote from theRAV...

"When all else fails for inspiration, just start doodling. If it works it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Even if it's only swirls, you can save them and always use them later in another piece of artwork." ~theRAV~

It is ironically funny where the titles for a blog post can come from sometimes.... I began my morning with a single drop of water on my windshield. I knew I wanted to be that drop of water to someone today. I know that I am that to my husband as he is to me. I wanted to be a single drop of inspiration for others and I certainly hope that I am.

Some blog titles are simple and easy to pluck from the sky or are whispered in our ears from our muses. Some are quite obviously meant to be suited to a particular post. Those are the easy ones. Some are harder than others. Some of the hard ones that are not forthcoming may just be entry numbers, but then it becomes too hard a task to keep track of the numbers. Thus the title may become that day's date.

When I began writing this in my Gratitude journal, I had no title for today's post until now. I read my inspirational calendar as soon as I turned my computer on as always and knew that quote would be here. I blog surfed. I cut out a few red things. I have another idea using the same colors I used yesterday... Then I came across this quote...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Teddy Roosevelt-

... that ends with the exact words as the H. Jackson Brown, Jr. quote and I knew... that was my title. How cool is that? It's like coming full circle? Is there a name for it? A continuation of yesterday's seredipty spilling over into today. A reassurance that I am where I am supposed to be... Where are you?

"Don't stress when you make a mess. Make a collage instead." ~theRAV~

No comments: