Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Indian Name is "Kicking Myself"

My Indian name should be "Kicking Myself". It was so cold on Sunday morning that I just could not get seem to get warm. I think the cold gave me one of my headaches. It was like a tension headache on one side of my head and pounded if I bent over. I stayed home from the morning church services because of it when I should have put my new hat Rhett gave me for my birthday and went on because I missed meeting the Basses' artist friend from Pine Mountain!

When my guys got home, I put the hat on, a t-shirt underneath a thick wool sweater with a cowl neck that would stay up around my ears, thick socks and my red clogs with the lining so we could go back to the Chinese place again. The semi-hot egg drop soup and hot tea finally warmed me up past thawed. Back at home, I cut out a lot of words and mostly red pieces til time to go back to church. Then the Basses told me I missed their artist friend. Oh, well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be... I would have thought Mrs. June would have let me know so I could have at least updated my portfolio. I guess I need to work on that.

I had our fortunes from our fortune cookies, but I left my notebook(s) at home. I will post those later...

Don had to watch his hunting channel so I checked emails and blogs. Our shows were re-runs so I stayed on the computer longer. Rhett wanted to make muffins and I supervise so I let him. I patiently showed him how to grease the pan and I let him do the rest. He even put the pan in the oven with oven mitts on. They turned out good. He took a picture of them himself. Don ate almost all of them!

Leah led me to another creative post about mugs so I followed the instructions and took a photo of my favorite coffee mug. Only I am not a coffee person. I am a Pepsi person. I do drink hot chocolate from this mug I bought at Disney world with my name on it. I think it holds more than our everyday china pattern. Beside it was one of Madge's mugs that said "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff". On the other side was one of my fave Pepsi glasses. I did not upload them to her flicker page because it is something I have never done before and was a bit afraid. Still I was excited and could see this as a scrapbook page about me. I have so few of those.

I put the finishing touches from the words I cut out on my B Creative card I made Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say what a comfort to discover someone who really understands what they're talking about on the web.
You actually understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.

A lot more people need to look at this and understand this side of
your story. It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you most certainly have the gift.


Also visit my web blog phlebotomy classes online (Http://Ptm.Uthm.edu.my/)