Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Roots - more serendipity


Today I had a large, thick envelope in my big bag that once held pictures from Walmart. It now holds my latest doodlings and creations so they wouldn't get bent. The flap that folded over the back of it split in half. It sat on my desk for most of the day. When I picked it up later this afternoon, I noticed how it tore on one side. It reminded me to tearings for stamping. The only ink pad I had in my cabinet at work was a black micropore. I stamped the image several time on my doodle pad like a good stamper would do. It reminded me of roots which all of us have. I can see it becoming a desert picture... hopefully. I have proved once again inspiration can come from anywhere.

What I learned to day....

"emblem- figurative representation; symbol; distinctive badge; ensign.

A token is some object given or an act done as a pledge or expression of feeling or intent; a ring, the natural emblem of eternity and also its accepted symbol is frequently given as a token of friendship or love.

insignia - Badges, emblems, etc used as marks of office and distinction. Things significant or indicative of a calling."
-from the New International Webster's Comprehensive Dictionary (1996)

No comments: