Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Sarsparilla Kid





Rhett and I went to a new place called "Cowboys" Saturday. It was cool. How cool would it be to work in cowboy attire? I ordered fried zucinni and mushrooms with hot wings which were too hot. Rhett got mac-n-cheese and a root beer or sarsparilla. (We had ordered sarparillas when we were at Old Town in Wichita visting the Emery's a few summers ago.) There was a booth that was the "jail". So I took Rhett's photo there. When I was about to pay for the meal, I asked the waitress if she could add a tip to it. Now our bill was only $20.15. When she brought back the receipt for me to sign, it said $57.84! I almost croacked. She told me that was the way the machine did it. I told her I could not sign this. I finally told her how much it said I owed and she took the receipt back. I was not a happy drifter to this saloon. Rhett kept saying, "We won't be coming back here for awhile" over and over so I must have looked really mad. She came back with the right ticket. I gave her a cash tip instead, but I wouldn't leave without her showing me she'd put that money back into my debit account. I have a receipt to prove it.
Wolf camera was next door to the Cowboys so we printed out these photos. I wanted to go to the scrapbook store in the same shopping center anyway. There I found THE perfect cowboy paper. I went back out to the car to get the new photos to match them with this paper. I also bought one that had a lot of cowboy words that I cut to make the title. I had to add the word "Dude" to it because Rhett is always calling guys that. He got it from the turtles in "Nemo". Sometimes I have to tell him to stop saying it so much. He's even called me one and I let him know immediately I was NOT a dude! I cut Rhett's head off in the first photo, but was able to fix it by adding a cowboy hat. That is one of the great things about scrapbooking. I was really excited about it & couldn't wait to get home to start on it. It took me a little bit longer than I expected. Don got home from his last day of hunting and I was just finishing it up. So we had grilled cheese and soup for supper as we watched "Game Plan".
I was pretty proud of this piece. The thing about scrapbooking is you make sure you put dates on your pages which is a good thing, but it also lets you know how long it has been since the last time you scrapbooked. It had been four years for me which is sad.
In case you can't read the story, I told about what we ate, Rhett, aka "the Sarsparilla Kid" getting thrown in jail for being an underage drinker for drinking the sarsparilla. The wrong receipt and then him worrying that his mom was going to get thrown in real jail for not signing the receipt!
I sent this out an email yesterday before posting it on my blog. My friend Bob thinks I am such a cool mom which made my day.

No comments: