Thursday, January 31, 2008

ABC Wednesday on a Thursday, B is for... Better



I am having a better day today for which I am thankful. First thing this morning, I framed a picture; the deer print for Nate's birthday which is on this day. I pulled out one of the black fish frames (see previous post), found a small, more manish looking bag to almost fit both frames even if the fish tail sticks out upward. At least it is not belly up! LOL As I looked at the fish frame, I realized I needed to paint the fish eye baby blue, but could have left it brown since they have a lot of paneling in their living room. So I did that in a nono second. I have that down to an art now. I trimmed Rhett's newspaper clipping for this week and adhered it to a piece of red construction paper since it was about Valentine candy. On the way to school, he told me he was hoping I cut the red paper into a heart shape, but Grandma and I interrupted him when he was trying to tell me that yesterday evening. Mom was telling me my Uncle Bert had another stroke and was at the ER. That was an emergency and I reminded him of that fact. I told him I couldn't have cut it into a heart shape anyway unless I had a larger size red poster board. It was a very creative idea and I am proud of him for thinking of it.
As I was dressing, I selected what I now consider my Valentine turtleneck. It is a cream colored background or beige with black, tan and gold flowers. It reminds me of toile which I love. I gave one like it to my two best friends Genie and Penny for Valentine's last year.
I was going to take a photo of the three blouses I wore this week but the battery was very low in the camera. I deleted photos I didn't like from yesterday's photo shoot at T. J. Maxx. I packed the battery charger in my BIG bag so I could charge it at work. I'll take that photo later. The only thing I did not do was make Nate's birthday card using Rhett's balloon photo. It will only take a few mintues to make.
So I have already been artistic and creative early this morning.
Today I took a tour of Georgia via this site: http://strollingthroughgeorgia.blogspot.com/
You should go there too. It has some wonderful photos of my home state. I went via Norway, but could only look at photos because I don't read Norwegian or Swedish. It made me want to go some place to take photos. Is my battery charged yet? LOL
After reading Janet's comment on my blog about ABC Wednesday, I went to the site that sponsors it which is: http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/
I kept looking around for words that began with the letter B even if I am a day late and a dollar short as always. The most obvious B was me having a bad hair day but I refused to photograph it! I thought of the time book which I am the keeper of and I have used once before in another post. This book has become a real chore I'd rather not do. It feels like a yoke on my shoulders. I'd much rather be creating something.
A new opportunity with a lot more responsiblity may be in the making for me... would I want to be the editor of the work newsletter? After seeing a friend today who doesn't have the time for it, I have been thinking about it even though she did not come outright to ask me. I thought it might have been a hint and she wanted me to volunteer but I didn't. There is no money involved. Just my time. I will think about it, sleep on it, talk to Don, pray and then talk to my boss about it should I decide to go down that avenue.
When I went to lunch, I knew I had a "Better Homes & Gardens" magazine on the backseat of my car that mom gave me to read when I had time. I didn't have a chance until today since I finished The Accidental Vampire yesterday. I hate to begin another book right away. I like to savor it a bit longer.
So now I have my first ABC Wednesday B is for... post on a Thursday. While at the site, I noticed a post for a Blog Your Blessings on Sundays. I already acknowledge my blessings as they come my way and add them on my blog. I may still join that one later.
Today I feel as if I am searching for something... perhaps the perfect medium to use; my next piece of art but... I just haven't found it yet....
Reminder to self: Take a photo of Rhett's black bear "Blackie". He actually did take one of him when we first got the digi camera. This was before I got a memory card. I had to ask him if I could delete it because we could always take another one of Blackie and I needed the room for another photo. He said it was ok. Maybe I'll let him take it again.
By going to ABC Wednesday, I learned every picture tells a story in someone's life. Even if we speak different languages, photographs are universal. We can all take snapshots of flowers. It is capturing that one photo that stands out among all the others. The one that makes you go, "Wow!" or "Oh, my!" or as Rhett would say, "COOL!" You see one really outstanding photo that should win an award for best photography but the blog is in a foreign language you don't speak so you can't tell the owner of the photo. My friend Silvia might like some of the blogs from Norway where I went to today. Where did you go today?
Quotes of the Day:
The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy.
-Henry Ward Beecher-
This reminds me of something my friend Bob one said and I have used his quote before....
"If all the flowers bloomed at once, the bees would get confused."
Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward.
~Carol Channing~
My pagan craft name is Rebecca Irridescent-Spirit Silver Candle.
As you can see and read for yourself, I am loving this B word.

4 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Have you heard of the
show Better?

I had a laugh when you mentioned refusing to take a Bad Hair photo.
LOL! I've looked at myself in the mirror many times and laughed at my bad hair or just the way I looked at the moment. Can I say those day's I've been Donald Trumped?(Trump)LOL!

I know in Sweden Children are
taught the English language. I
do not know when this started.
My ddil's father does not speak
it, but she does. They learn 3
languages.

Have a Blessed Happy Fun
Creative Healthy Year!!!

Katney said...

Good that you are having a better day--best list of b-s that I have found. Longest, at least.

Edmund (the explorer) Nesbitt said...

WOW! What a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge list!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I guess I didn't realize how long my b list really was until I read these comments. Flassie, you are too funny with your Donald Trumped hair! That I have not had -yet!