Thursday, January 17, 2008

Serendipity




This is something I created awhile back. It hangs on my open cubby wall where lots of laminated pieces of art I cut from magazines hang.



Today was a clean page on my doodle pad. It has been a few days since my last doodle with the Y's and the hearts. What to do now? I attempted a new experiment using tips Leah and Lavendar Loft of http://jkbees.blogspot.com posted whom I discovered thru Leah's blog. I wanted to make something using these colors:

black for the unknown

violet for creativity

purple for passion

red for creation

orange for playfulness

yellow to stimulate the mind....

Hey! I was even creative with my ketup... it squirted out in a unique line which I photographed, but I didn't like the colors when I uploaded it here so I deleted it. The photo did incorporate the yellow and red I was going to use today, but the red looked almost black. How serendipitious. My chicken wrap from McDonald's was very good. I was cutting out words and designs while eating and writing this entry in my Gratitude journal. I have started "cuttings" here at work as well as at home. I want to try them as seperate entities for 2 different collages, but may have to combine them eventually if necessary. My findings today "cutting-wise" were small, scarce scraps, but my ideas were rolling in forcefully, crashing like the ocean's waves, non-stop. I have completed another piece of art in a matter of minutes. I drew it on an orange 5x7 Post-it note page using purple and lavendar markers as well as my everyday red and black pens. Once again I have totally amazed myself. Art is so awesome! And you can quote me on that! Art is so awesome especially on inspired days like today. So many thanks to Leah and Lavendar Loft for their parts in today's inspiration and art. Thanks, ladies.

It measures 5x5. First, I am sending it out as an email to all my friends. Cannot wait to hear their comments...! Today was a very, very good, creative day. Hope your's was as creative as mine. Hope that I inspired you the way that I have been inspired. ~theRAV~

2 comments:

Janet said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for mentioning me here. Being creative is such fun and I'm constantly finding different ways to express myself.

I like both things you've shown here, and I liked your description of the ketchup squirting out in an interesting way. Isn't it fun when we notice things like that!

Janet

Leah said...

how fun!!! i love the ways you are being creative!