Friday, January 4, 2008

India Ink Doodle of the Day


This is what I did today... I'd bought two India ink pens yesterday at Office Depot. I also got Steph a navy blue pencil case with silver stars on sale for her birthday in Sept., but I am thinking of getting one for myself to hold some most used colored pencils and pens. I even liked it better than the hot pink one. SHOCK I know. So I tried out my new pens and this is the result... I did not have a yellow highlighter to color the hair blonde like I wanted and my gold Pentel marker is at home (if not used up and drier than the Sahara!) so I had to use florescent orange again. This time it showed up better than my last attempt with the fish I drew. It did not turn another color altogether when photographed which was a good thing. Maybe because I did not use a flash. So I was not feeling like a redheaded stepchild when I drew this nor is it a self portrait. I used my red marker to put lowlights in the waves of the hair. Only I would do that. I seem to be into swirls now. I tried to repeat patterns again as always. Overall I am pleased with it. At least I created something today. I am not going to over analyze it nor keep adding to it. No over doing; No overkill. Art is knowing when to stop so I guess that makes me an artiste for sure now. Maybe all the art I have been looking at is starting to rub off on me. I think there is a story behind it that came from my sub conscious today, but I will keep it to myself. I know who she represents.

theRAV

2 comments:

Bella said...

Hello there friend! I'm so happy to have found your bloggie!

becky aka theRAV said...

Bella, so glad you found my blog too! A comment - yea! It is my thrill for the day.
~Becky~