Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Channeling Poe



1/21/08 MLK day. Rhett and I were both off while Don had to work. We slept late of course. I got the house all toasty so I could take a shower and wash my hair. When I went to take a photo of part of my hair, I realized all the photos I took from Saturday on were on the camera's memory and it was full!

I uploaded the pics from the camera to the computer, but I couldn't get them to upload in emails. I think because I used a title instead dates & uploaded differently than last time. I will have to re-do them. Again I was kicking myself. I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself; I should be more gentle with me, but some days I am hard on me. This was another one of those days.

Rhett wanted to go to the movies, but I wasn't really in the mood for it. By the time we got to Mom's to pick up his book bag, the 2nd choice movie we were going to see was not playing at the cheap movies. "Game Plan" was to be released on the 22nd. It has bloopers and other things on the video so I talked Rhett into renting it this weekend. To compensate, I told him he could rent one. We went to Sonic to eat dinner in the car with the heat on. I had a really good burger; so good in fact, I ordered another jr burger. Rhett picked out "Unaccompanied Minors". We picked up something from Wendy's for Don to eat. Don was feeling better, but said he had a bad coughing spell that morning at work.

Don wanted to watch "Kyle XY" so Rhett & and watched his movie in his room on his Sponge Bob tv. It was hilarious at times. As it ended, "Kyle" was ending also even though it seemed longer with all their adventures. I guess I was torn between watching a movie with my son and watching tv with my husband.

Once I settled on the couch, I was wondering what artistic thing I could do.... I picked up the construction pad we use to put newspaper clippings Rhett has to turn in every Thursday. What color to use? A lighter colored one. So I picked yellow. I drew two swirls. I thought they looked like eyes and it went from there.... It was a man with graying hair. Then I started writing around it, writing how I started with swirls and just wrote what came to mind. I called it "Channeling Poe." The bottom close-up reminds me of the actor Louie Nye so I am really dating myself here. It took me 15 minutes to make, I took pictures of it of course as you can see... Hope you can read the words. If not, let me know...

No comments: