Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The New Journal

My best friend Genie gave me a new notebook/journal/book for my birthday. The brightly colored package arrived and was waiting for me at the door. I knew immediately it was from her. Rhett wanted to open it, but I told him, "It was for my birthday." I began writing in it the next day. I liked the way the ink looked on the pages. It reminded me of the old fashioned fountain pen ink I used to love to write with as a younger girl. A lost art nowdays in the computerized world we live.

I was mad at Don because he said he was sick and was not going to hunt. Instead he got up early, took a shower knowing I'd said I was going to wash my hair. There was no way I was going to start washing it then run out of hot water as cold as it was. I felt that he could have waited.

I created another good piece of artwork I was proud of. It took about an hour.

I had a few errands to run after work. I came home early for me. Don still wasn't home. I left him a message on his cell phone telling him where Rhett and I were going to eat. I wanted Applebee's. Rhett wanted Chinese. As we were pulling into the parking lot of the Chinese place, Don called me on my cell phone. He was just leaving the woods and said he'd eat something at home. We probably should have done that but the crab legs were good; just not as good as Red Lobster.

Don was home and on the couch by the time we got there. Just as I sat down, he the nerve to ask me if I'd fix him a bowl of tomato soup. I told him, "NO!" I felt as if he were sick, but could still go to the woods, not come home in time to eat with us, he could fix it himself! He knew I wanted to be home by 9 to watch my vamp show which he said he totally forgot about it. So I got the book off to a bad start by being mad at my husband.

No comments: