Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Heart of the Matter

Well, I think I have finally caught up with myself again. I really liked the heart in my latest doodle and knew I wanted to post it with this title so here it is...


I wrote this about myself today to a high school chum in an email...
After high school, I wanted to be a writer; write The Great American Novel and be on Carson to discuss my book as well as joke flirtaciously with Johnny. Carson is dead. The book is still unwritten, but I have several unfinished drafts. I tried to set the world record for writing the most poems. I got way past at least the 21,000 mark if not more. The words deserted me much like my love did; the words left me when I lost my love. I turned to art because I lost my heart to someone who never returned it. Then I poured myself into my art which were more like characteratures as well as some really good pieces. I felt like I only had half a heart with so much love to give. I was always a late bloomer. I FINALLY found my Prince Charming much later in life than most normal ladies and had a son in my 40's. I guess I have come another full circle again because I have returned to my art with a flourish. I know I and my art have improved with age. Who ever said "Life begins after 50" was correct - if someone did indeed say that. If not, I am saying it now! I am living proof that it is never too late for your dreams.
Today I had to pay two bills which took me about 20 minutes. The line was too long to wait inside Wendy's or sit in their to-go line outside so I came on back to the prison. I went to the kitchen to see what they had for lunch. It was a scoop of speghetti noodles and four plain meatballs. The noodles had sauce, but no taste and needed a whole salt shaker on it which I did not need! The meatballs were nasty. It made me so thankful I am not an inmate in a prison system eating such horrible food as this. I threw it away and made myself a baloney sandwich.
It was sleeting outside earlier. We are all praying for a snow day tomorrow.

No comments: