Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More Catching up to do...

Jan. 9, 2008 I drew 3 of my swirly trees in my Gratitude journal. I was a bit frustrated at work today. We have a bad vendor. They claim they are not getting our orders. I have faxed and re-faxed them. Like a dummy I listened to one lady in accounting who told me I did not need to send over a cover sheet; that it was a waste of my time and paper so I stopped sending them. I talked to someone higher up than her. The higher up mentioned she had not been getting the cover sheets especially for the oversize stuff which could be why the vendor wasn't receiving the orders. So I will do cover sheets from now on... Some problems were resolved somewhat. Several copies of bus tickets I needed were found in inmate files when they should have been handed to me for my monthly reports to the state for reimbursement.

Called Rhett's orthodontist yesterday. He's had a loose tooth; his "vampire tooth" as I call it. Another tooth was starting to come in over it. I wanted the ortho to look at it to see if he thought it needed to be extracted. I picked Rhett up from school & we went straight there. The ortho didn't like the looks of it any more than I did. Rhett started crying when asked if it could be pulled. Then he told Rhett if he went to his regual dentist, he'd give him a shot. That made Rhett change his mind immediately! I promised him a game for his new Nintendo. They sprayed his tooth and gum with a numbing spray then pulled it. I let him play with one of the video arcade games in the outer office before we left for Game Stop. He did not play long this time. At Game Stop, he didn't see a game he really liked there, but I did. I saw a word game called "Word Jong". We walked downt to FYE. He found a couple on sale he liked, but still couldn't decide which one he really wanted to buy. I had to pay my Discover bill so I told him we'd try the other Game Stop. He found one there. They also had the one I liked so we both got new games. The bad thing is my Game Stop card doesn't give discounts on NEW games. Nor did it his Nintendo. Bummer.

We stopped by mom's so she could see his missing tooth. The orthodontist gave him a white plastic tooth to hold his tooth which was neat. I liked it better than the green plastic treasure chest they gave him. Then we went home so he could get his Nintendo before church.

So I saved money by going to the orthodontist rather than our regular dentist. Yet I spent more money than I intended so it may have come out even or uneven. Money saved going to the orthodontist for free tooth extraction. Priceless. Mother/son time together. Priceless.

I had time to cut out my swirly Christmas trees before we left for church. I can see them on white cardstock... I may put them on water color paper and attempt to paint snow as if it is a field of them. .. we'll see... or I could safely put them on cardstock and do the shadowing of the snow with a pencil. Am I feeling dangerous? I can hear "Highway to the Danger Zone" from my fave movie "Top Gun" playing in my head...

I am going to let Larry, our preacher have or buy one of the white fish frames to use as a template for a future bulletin board at church. Must remember to bring it Sunday.

Quote of the Day:

You shouldn't rush art. ~theRAV

No comments: