Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Magenta"

Rhett started back to school today. I got my morning off to a great start with a smile due to my friend Bob's email. I was in a good mood. The "supervisor" is out sick for a 3rd day in a row. Before I arrived, they'd faxed a copy of her time card to HR because the director thinks she has over-extended her family medical leave. So I better enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts today.... Tomorrow will be a different story. It is hard to believe it has been almost a year since all this began.

I went to Sonic for lunch so I could get more of those jr burgerswith lots of chopped onions! YUM! As I was eating them, I was checking blogs since I am not into a book at the moment. One blog always leads to another. Susannah's led me to one http://parisparfait.typepad.com/paris_parfait/ to read the poem entitled "At the crossroads" which I liked. That led me to the following:
http://www.poetryexpress.org/emuse/emuse.html
where you can fill in the blanks to form a poem of sorts. I kept going back and changing my answers until it read better and fit me. Then I wrote my poem long hand adding more to it. I had to re-edit it as I typed it in Word Perfect. This is the poem I came up with today...

"Magenta"

Oh, sweet Magenta, your brightness is inspiring to me
Your color takes me back to yesterday;
To cotton candy pink skies over Hawaii.
As I re-arrive in my mind's eye,
I am carrying on like an annoying tropical bird
going on and on about the most beautiful and undescribable;
mainly the most colorful parts of the mainland
every single inch of it
that is inspiring me in the silence of the awe factor
where the lamb awaits,
But not for slaughter.

Now Magenta's brightness fades slightly
Into new lavender beginnings.
Going violet.
Another perfect sunset ending another perfect day.
~theRAV~

Go to the site and create your own poem today... I'd love to read what you wrote today.

Quote of the Day:

Life's a stove; cook on all four burners.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.-
(I usually only use the two front burners! LOL The only other time I have used all of them was during a holiday meal or when Don's family is here.)

No comments: