Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Minty Green Day

1/29/08 This morning I picked up my branch piece inspired by Silvia and added a tiny bit more to it. Just don't know when to leave something alone, but luckily I didn't mess it up. I did get minty green paint from my paint marker on my thumb. So I had sort of a green thumb. LOL Of course if any ink gets on my fingers, it always reminds me of Susannah of http://inkonmyfingers.typepad.com/
Because of this, I decided to wear a minty green top that just happens to have evergreen brances and dark red birds in a repeating pattern throught it. Color Coincidence?

I made someone smile this morning with a funny email I sent out yesterday. A great way to start Sabrina's day. Hope it continues for them longer than it did for me the day before...

Blog hopped. Discovered I had a comment on my blog about my lake post in the post entitled "Ole Baby Blue". Wow! I cannot believe someone out there in blog land actually knows the place I was writing about. That lake was one of my favorite places to go as a child and a teeneager going into adulthood. This person's father actually worked at the lake so he had perhaps as strong memories as mine. To think he had been there... before I was born and could describe it is strange, but exciting to read their history of the lake. Thanks, Marty for sharing with me. Cool. I'll have to ask my Daddy if he knew the family.

"Minty Green "

Minty green skies
a strange arrives
cool silver eeriness
I shiver.
Silver never fades
into minty green beginnings
unless it tarnishes
to a greenish tint
which can be polished off
with a polishing cloth.
The green disappears
as if by magic.
Shinning silver
like new.
~theRAV~

May your day be minty green fresh with creative ideas....

Did you know today is the day that Poe first printed "Quoth the RAVen"?

No comments: