Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rough Patches

4/24/07

I felt better today. I stopped to get canned Pepsi's and a BIG bag of pretzelson the way to work. All the salt seemed to be knocked off of them and went to the bottom of the bag. Just my luck. The story of my life.

The potholes of life that I wrote about a few weeks ago have been patched. There are still some rough patches that I have to avoid on my way to work each day, but that's life.

The detective in me discovered a cheerio lying on the rug in front of where I sit at my desk, just below where I keep my time book. Only one person here in this prison eats and keeps boxes of Cheerio's in our break room. Either she was eating her breakfast at my desk or going through my time book again. So I caught her in the book again! Sure enough there was a note inside it telling me to take time away from one of the other ladies. She is going to keep on until they start charging us time to go see our doctors.

I let my guard down yesterday. I guess I thought with one good day, things might revert back to the good ole days but I should have known better. The book is now locked back up today because of this.

Rhett has a poster due tomorrow on Earth Day Every Day. I did not feel like helping him with it over the weekend. He finally got through a little after 9 pm. It turned out ok. Not sure if he will win a prize over it. It looks like he put Australia first on his rendering of the earth instead of the USA and Don got on to him for that. The whole thing was improvisations. I bought the wrong size stencils. They were too big for his poster. I had to go thru my scrapbook stash to find letters we could trace. The earth was traced with a bowl from the kitchen cupboard. Does this make me Old Mother Hubbard now? Well, its done and that's all that matters. We can go on to the next day. The next chore. Tomorrow it's picking up Don's boots for him and dropping off a pair to be stretched. Such excitement!

No comments: