Thursday, April 12, 2007

4 Simple little Happinesses Today

3/30/07 I guess I forgot and thought everything was back to normal at work. I called out to the "supervisor", realized she sounded funny. I got up to go into her office and discovered her asleep on her computer monitor! She couldn't even recall a piece of paper I handed her yesterday. I was embarrassed for her although I shouldn't be. We should not have to babysit her to check on her every 15 mins to see if she is sleeping or "passed out"! I realized I could entitle this chapter of my life as "While my supervisor was Sleeping."

D. W. talked to her. Later she went into his office, closed the door and was in there for awhile. Later she talked to a lady officer and they closed the door. All this door closing. I joked that I have no doors to close. Guess that means I am always open.

Asked my friend Anne What are 3 of your simple little happinesses today? She gave me 4 which led me to my own quote of the day:

When we are asked to list a certain amount of happinesses in our lives, we can always add one more to our list. You are one of them, my friend.
~Becky Bristow Voyles~

My 4 simple little happinesses today:
1. It's Friday!
2. I ate some of the best green beans in my life today.
3. The sound of my son's laughter.
4. Did I mention it's Friday? LOL

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence. -Robert Tripp-

An unhurried sense of time is in itself a form of wealth. ~Bonnie Friedman~

No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit.
-Sir Douglas G. Banting (1891-1941)

No comments: