Wednesday, April 18, 2007

4 Buzzards in the Road, The Best Part of My Day

4/16/07 When I came into work, the "Supervisor" was in the Dep. Warden's office. She had started in on one of the ladies yet again. She got mad because the lady didn't tell her exactly why she was late. Just that she was late. Then said, "See what I have to put up with..." to the Dep. Warden. She was reminded that she is late too. Has been several times lately since coming back to work whereas I would make sure I was on time everyday. So they took it into his office. I missed the loudest part by the time I got there. I came camera prepared and ready.

We had a staff meeting which she did not attend. At the 11th hour, "supervisor" suddenly tells Dep. Warden her dentist called and they could work her in for a cleaning today. Funny we didn't put any calls thru to her for that or I am sure we would have heard her talking to them about it. Does she think we are that dumb? Later one of the ladies called the dentist office and they were closed on Monday! She is going to keep on until we all have to start bringing in signed notes from our dr's saying we have indeed been in their office on that day. All because of her. Not fair.

On my way back from lunch I saw 4 buzzards in the road over road kill. One was not giving up his noonday meal! He finally flew away before I hit him. Mom had me a breakfast plate when I dropped a very alert Rhett off this morning. I stopped and got a tomato to go with it. It was so good. It was one of The BEST PARTS ofMY DAY besides being caught up, the peace and quiet of the office after the "supervisor" left, etc.

Caught up on my blog some more. Attempted to get sandwiches from the Fire House. I had my mouth all set for one, but they were out of white bread. Who runs out of white bread in a restaurant? Almost said, "Cancel my order!" like I once told Domino's. Instead I said, "Forget about it. I don't eat wheat bread." and walked out. So I got camel riders from the Speakeasy instead. Not quite the same but close enough.

I told Don about the dentist thing. He laughed harder than I heard him laugh in a long time. Probably harder than I laughed at "Brother's & Sisters" last night.

No comments: