Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bladder Doc

4/18/07 This morning Rhett made yesterday worthwhile by thanking me for taking him to Ben & Jerry's for the free ice cream cone. I told him I really enjoyed the good food we had last night too. I shared that with the ladies at work as well as my singing a Carpenter's song rather loudly as were were leaving. The Landings has piped in music outside. Rhett complained as he always does about my singing now. "Momma!" I told him I was NOT going to stop singing one of my favorite songs especially one I had not heard in a long time!

Mom fixed me another breakfast plate again for the 3rd day in a row. I stopped to get tomatoes again on the way to work. I realize I had one really good meal so I shouldn't have expected another one today. I think it was the company in the office. I drank water all morning since I was going to the bladder doc.

I was helping do inmate wages so I would have something to do so "supervisor" wouldn't say anything to me. Yesterday I got a stuffed "Charlotte" spider from "Charlotte's Web" at Wendy's. I likedit so much, I kept it here from my desk at work instead of taking it home to Rhett. I had her ontop of my time book. When I went to get my time book down, I noticed Charlotte was not in the middle of the book where I left her yesterday. She was more towards the spine which let me know the book had been opened and gone through. I mentioned this to one of the ladies who told me the "supervisor" admitted she had been in the time book because the Dep. Warden told her she was responsible for everything that went on in the office. GREAT! Now she will be on us about EVERYTHING!

When I got to one of the lady's time sheet, the "supervisor" had place a sticky note about a certain date and that I needed to charge her a half a day because she was at the dr's. The lady had already discussed this incident with the warden who did not have a problem with it or wasn't going to charge her for it. Just the "supervisor" has a problem with it. The lady took the sticky note into the warden's office. He said he'd handle it. Now I lock my time book up in one of the lady's office.

I kept catching the "supervisor" with her head on her desk. I'd hear her stirring around in her office. Then when I would look in again, her head would be on a different part of her desk. It was time for me to go to my appointment. I didn't have time for this. No time for pictures. So I woke her up and told her I was leaving. One minute she is saying she can't take the medicine the dr prescribed because it makes her too sleepy. Then went straight into one of the ladies not being her because she took her mother to the dr because she was too sick to drive herself. She'd already given her a hard time on the phone earlier about it by asking what time her mother's appointment was when she didn't have one. It would be a work in type of deal. She wanted to know when she would be in. She had no way of knowing an exact time. It was ridiculous. So why is she now stuck and being a stickler about the city allowing you 2 hours for a dr's appointment?

I didn't even go to the bathroom before I left so I really had to go by the time I got to the dr's office! I could have filled up 4 dixie cups! The bladder doc said my sling is in place and everything looks as it should look. He thinks it may be an infection,but will have to test my urine sample(s). He emptied my bladder with a cath while I was there. I hate that because it hurts! It took a few hours for it to stop hurting. He thinks I just need to go back on the Vesicare. He gave me samples, but I still have some left over from a year ago. It had been a year since I saw him. It seemed longer. I asked him if stress at work could be a factor and he told me an emphatic yes with the nod of his head. I told him I work with a one hormonal woman who picks on everybody! He said that could do it. We talked a bit about her going to different drs and using different pharmacies. Even he thought she sounded like she had addiction problems!

My gynocologist had moved to the same office complex so I walked over and made an appointment to see him in May, the week after my follow-up with the bladder doc. Paid a bill. Put film in to be devolped. Got Pepsi. Almost caught up with myself on my blog.



Yesterday's quotes:

The world is round and the place which may seem like an end may also be only the beginning.
~Ivy Baker Priest~

Sow good services; sweet rememberances will grow them. ~Madame de Stoel~

Maybe it's what's inside that counts, but being told you look good feels good!
-Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka, & Toshihiro Kawabata

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thougts one might have, beautifully expressed with much more authority by someone recognized wiser than onself.
~Marlene Dietrich~

No comments: