Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Conversations from the Bed

4/22/07

I didn't feel like going to church this morning due to this stomach bug. After Don & Rhett got home from church, we all went to Bonanza. I just got a baked potato that had too much butter on it. Couldn't eat it all. Don drove me to JCPenney's to get my hair done & pay the bill. Found out Mrs. Kindon, who managed the credit/catalog dept when I worked there, had either a heart attack or a stroke. Its all fuzzy now from my fever. Came home, rolled my hair in hot rollers then had to lay on my stomach because I couldn't lay on them! We went back to evening services even though I didn't really feel up to it. Then back to mom's. I took a can of potato soup but couldn't eat it all. Uncle Butch & Aunt Nell were there. I listened to their conversations while lying on my mom's bed. They talked loud enough that volume was just right! Butch said something about pictures of great grandparents, but he meant their gravestones not real pictures of their faces! So maybe the volume wasn't so great after all.

Uncle R. F. was recalling things as we were about to leave... He may be the last great source of information we have on our ancestors and here I was sick! The timing was terrible.

We came home, watched "Desperate Housewives". The smell of the popcorn Don popped almost made me sick in the bedroom. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was pregnant!

I am reading a new good book Wicked Pleasures by Nina Bangs.

No comments: