Monday, April 16, 2007

An 650, a Buzzard on a bridge, 3 free pens & a highlighter

4/11/07 On the way to work this morning, I saw an F650 truck! Then I saw a buzzard on the bridge! I guess it was an omen...

When I got to work, a local office supply company had delivered something along with their catlogs and a bag of goodies for me. They sent two pens, a bright yellow florescent highlighter. Of course I called them and thanked them for my goody bag. One of the judges sent a sentence sheet through inter-office mail. It also had a pen in the envelope with his name on it. So I got 3 free pens today. My lucky day.

"Supervisor" was eating her sandwich. I was on the phone giving out our address which takes a few minutes especially if they don't have a pen handy, can't spell the name of the inmate correctly, can't spell the name of the prison, etc. The other line rang about 5 times. She wasn't picking up to help me which made me angry. I had to put that person on hold to answer the other line. At first I thought she wasn't answering because she was still eating. Then I reallize once again that it was too quiet. I walked past her office and saw her head down on her desk again. I wasn't sure if her face was in her food this time. I silently tiptoed across a carpeted floor, carefully opened a closed office door, trying not to make a sound, went into that office to call medical. I asked the lady officer if a certain nurse was working, but he wasn't. This would have been the same nurse that came during her first "episode". Another nurse who isn't very helpful was working. Then she told me the dr was back there. This is the same dr that told me I may have bursitus in my right shoulder. I told her he needed to come check on the "supervisor". They came immediately. The Lt on duty also came up, had me call the warden on his pager & the dep warden on his cell which I did. I let the Lt talk to both of them so I wouldn't have to do it. The Lt gave me a thumbs up for reacting and responding so fast. He told the warden I found her face down on her desk and the dr was with her. The other two ladies came back from lunch, but neither was aware what transpired. They just knew from the look on my face, something was wrong and I wasn't a happy camper.

After talking to her awhile & checking her blood pressure, the dr walked with her out to I thought her car so she could use her cell phone to call her husband even though she had been told she could make the long distance call in the office, but she refused to call there. She was acting like she was dependent on the dr to walk, but she could come back into the office walking normal without any assistance later. The lady officer that I called, who came up with the dr., went into her office and closed the door. She was in there for awhile. When the "supervisor" came out, she started ranting about "When I had my seizures here at work on Feb 6th, someone at this prison said I came to work drunk and passed out. I am going to find out who it was and they are going down!" Passed out one minute, making threats the next. Unbelievable. I can't do anything but shake my head. I should have whiplash from it by now! LOL

This same lady officer that was behind closed doors with her sent me an email. I couldn't believe I actually had an email from her at that point in time. When I saw it, it made me think the "supervisor" may have been down in medical as she typed it. In the email, the lady officer called the other ladies in the office "heffiers"! I suppose because they didn't show any concern when they didn't have an inkling what happened. I did not respond or tell the ladies about the email. There are enough problems as it is. So I am almost positive this officer is the one who told her about the rumors which got her started again. J started this. How do you prove a rumor?

She was in her office cussing while talking to Dep w and he told her to calm down. She had him close the door because "ears were listening." No, she was talking so loud we couldn't help but hear what she said. So she FINALLY leaves a few minutes past 2:30. Thought it would never get here. Her sister and nephew were supposed to pick her up. The transfer list she printed but did not save was incorrect. She said she couldn't find an inmate's file. That's because he was coming to the prison not leaving so we would not have a file on him. T was mad about this & refused to re-do the list since she didn't save it. She is tired of going behind her, doing her work or cleaning up her many mistakes.

Then we heard she was driving off in her car, but met the warden out at the flag pole. What happened to her sister picking her up? After the warden came in, he & the dep warden were behind closed doors. She called him back. She could not have gotten home to Buena Vista yet. I heard him raise his voice to say he "understands that she is not well..." (Understatment.) Now she can't come back without a dr's excuse.

That night I asked Don what he thought about it all. He said he thought that the warden screwed up by not doing something about it in the beginning.

No comments: