Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Time for....

 

 

 



Thankfulness. I am thankful for the wonderful Mother's Day weekend I had. I am thankful for my husband, my son, my mom and my Daddy. I am thankful for all the cards I made over the weekend and this week.

I made the 1st card last night, but I wasn't happy with it because I did not think the letters that spelled out the word "time" went with it due to a difference in eras and styles. It kept bothering me. Rhett said it was fine just like a man. Not like the perfectionist in me. I was proud of myself because I found the brown paper and the maroon colored leaf in some of my stash which reminded me of my friend Abby. She would be proud of me. I am proud of me because I have made 4 cards today! So I am tooting my own horn again as well as being thankful. I think I finally have this one where I like it. After taking the last photo, I added an "A" before the clocks and the word "for..." underneath the clocks so that it actually reads "A time for..." Because the leaf reminded of "To everything there is a season..." I wrote that around the leaf's square. I can't take any more photos of it now because I only have one bar on my battery and Rhett is getting an award after school. I made the cover of his birthday card which is so cute, but I'm pulling a Scarlett O'Hara... that will have to wait 'til tomorrow. I made two 3x5 cards also but they are still works in progress.

Which one do you like better? Just from viewing them here on my blog, I am leaning towards the middle one. Now if I were to view it say from the library, I may change my mind. At the library, I liked all three! Go figure.

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following...
http://www.eph2810.com/
~theRAV
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Denise said...

You are very talented. I like all of them sweetie.

mrsnesbitt said...

Wah hey.......another denise??????
I must go and check her out!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Denise and Mrs. Nesbitt for your comments

Nancie said...

Wow, you are so creative! I like making cards and other crafts too. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart. Take care!

@wesome@bby said...

I like them ALL!!!!! Thanks for sharing with me! I'm loving the numbers one that is in a previous post, too! I LOVE typography!