Thursday, May 1, 2008

Inside a Woman's Head & Leavings

 


I like this 1st one best because it makes it look like she is standing up. This is a 1st draft.

 


I added more words to this one. I love "Attitude is everything!" I think that pretty much says it all. This one is all about the words. I know it is not a good shot of it and I will retake a better one. I will probably make my mom a Mother's Day card using this theme. Or give her a copy of it as her gift. After all, she is where I got my attitude from.

 


This I entitled "Leavings". The type of drawing is called a "zentangle" and was inspired by my blogger friend Janet of Lavendar Loft at http://jkbees.blogspot.com/
If you go to her Artopia on her blog, you can see mine is very similar to Janet's. I hope she doesn't mind. If you would like to find out more about zentangles, go to:
http://www.zentangle.com/index.php Now I could not bring myself to alter a book so I altered an email instead.

~theRAV~
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Hi Becky,

Glad you liked my sunrise/ creek pictures on the `My Big Fat Creek Heading' post for Sky Watch Friday. Thank you.

I'd never heard of a zentangle - thanks for educating me!

Janet said...

I don't mind at all. This is beautiful! Writing in a book is not something I usually do either but it was an out-of-date book on an uninteresting subject and I got it for free so I thought "what the heck" and just went for it!

I also really like the first piece you showed here. Very creative.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, David for your comments. Glad I could educate you.

Thanks, Janet for not minding I "copied off your paper". LOL I really like my 1st piece too.