Wednesday, May 21, 2008

R is for....

 


Rebecca and Rhett

Rhett and I took this self portrait of ourselves on Mother's Day. I knew it was going to be my first R word.

 


Another rose from our yard. I did not want to repeat the roses I have already posted here on my blog so I picked this rose for this R is for... post for ABC Wednesday.

 


Reimagine....
I found this sign at Sears awhile back. I liked it, but I don't think I had R words in mind when I took it or maybe I did. Since I have an IMAGE plaque at home, it reminded me of that one. Ah, To be able to reimaginee our lives..., but I wouldn't change mine except for a few days... Like I would reimagine last Thursday... I would have had the police patrolling our house on that evening around 4 pm....

I apologize for not participating in Odd Shots Monday. I had a good odd one for ya'll; one you probably would not have guessed in a million years, but our home was robbed again for the 2nd time in almost 10 years on Thursday! Our rooms have been ransacked, my underwear was thrown all over the bedroom floor, leaving us feeling of being violated and raped. Yet strangely enough it felt sort of surreal to me; like I had been through this before and I had. They didn't take much of my stuff just mostly my husband's this time around. I guess I felt I had to be strong for my son who was really bothered by it. He reverted back to his younger days of not wanting to go to the bathroom alone and I had to sleep with him that night. Then he had a really good 10th birthday which really seemed to help him through this loss of his innocence, his security and safety. Of course now every sound he hears he asks me what it is.

To add insult to our injury they even took 3 two liters of Pepsi! That was when I really got mad and said I could shoot them if I ever found them and I have never fired a gun in my life.

These **** robbers have caused us more work. We had to clean up the ransacked rooms. We are still finding things missing like Saturday, my husband went to put new brakes on my car... they took the break pads, but left the box they were inside. What they can do with brake pads for a 95 T-bird is beyond us. We have had to make long lists of stolen items and then type them up. I have had to cancel and re-open accounts. All unnecessary.

Lessons learned from the robbery: Lock everything you can up! Don't buy in bulk. I'd bought a lot of frames like the fish frames I found and had bought the stores out of their supplies. Luckily they missed a few of them and I had some in the trunk of my car. It is a bit ridiculous that one of my R words is about our robbery.

So I hope you had better luck with your R's this week than we had with our life. If you would like to participate in ABC Wednesday R is for..., please go to the following...
http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/
Sorry I don't have as many R's. Sorry they are not as upbeat a usual for me.
~theRAV~


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

How dreadful!
(((HUGS)))

Do hope you are OK and can not express enough the feelings I am sending you right now.

Dxxx

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, so much Mrs. Nesbitt. I really appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Denise said it, how dreadful!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, John.

Andree said...

omg I am so sorry! What a traumatic event (even if you have suffered this before). I hope you have peace very very soon, and I hope your son feels safe again.

http://meeyauw-pad.blogspot.com/2008/05/abc-wednesday-rhubarb.html

Powell River Books said...

The self portrait is such a happy picture. It's those times that get us through the tough ones. Come see my pretty Coastal BC rocks. - Margy

Paulie said...

I am so sorry that your R had to be so sad. I wish you peace. Happy belated birthday to child -- I loved the rose and the children's portraits too.

FO - 2 said...

You and Rhett. Of course! ;)

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for all your kind comments and wishes for peace. I actually felt it wash over me today as I read these words. Thanks for that.

Anupam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.