Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nostalgic Cards I Made

 

 
Posted by Picasa


I took a free card making class on Friday and made these two cards after taking my car over 40 miles trying to find a place to fix my air conditioner. No one could fix it til Monday. I ran home, showered and made it to the class on time. There were only 4 of us in the class. My friend Patti was there and sat next to me which was an unexpectedly nice surprise. I showed off these cards during the course of the weekend. Everyone really liked them especially Rhett who wanted to make some of them. I am thinking of giving one to my Daddy for Father's Day. Maybe Don.

Being the rebel that I am, I had to make these my way not entirely as they were done by someone else. I did not add brads for the hands for the clock. I wanted it to remain timeless. I did not like the silver star paper clip. Guess I am too pickie. I just know what I want and don't want especially where art is concerned. I did not feel it needed anything glittery or flashy.

On Monday I would thank the lady who taught the glass in an email telling her how much I really enjoyed it; how it inspired me as well as my 9 year old son. I was still on a literal high with all the art I created over this past Mother's Day weekend. My email was all cheery, up-beat and something I would have loved to receive as feedback. Instead I got a harsh email stating my son could not attend the classes they held at the senior center. He had to be 21. Then she went on a tangent in a totally different direction about classes for him that did not even pertain to art. My friends, Anne, Bob, Cheryl and Genie all agreed with me about her harshness so it wasn't just me and my imagination. They could see how she rained on my high bring me down. But my friends' support, agreement with me, taking my side and thinking this was not a nice person made me feel so much better. It is great to have friends in your corner. Don't know what I would do without them. I decided it was best just not reply to the harsh woman. Ironically I deleted her email although I had a printed out a copy of it. It just made me thankful I know how to use tact.

I had thought she might have been the new friend I met this year. That she might have been a help in the art field. Maybe she sensed I wanted to do what she does or thought that I was a vulture who wanted her job. I know now she and I could never be friends. I'll keep my old ones, thanks.
~theRAV~

No comments: