Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday 5/29/08

Once again I am very thankful for all the art I created this past Memorial Day weekend. I have gotten such good feedback from my friends. One has even offered to buy one of them which made my morning! I guess I sent it out as an email and did not post it here on the blog. Sorry. I will try to do that tomorrow along with my Sky Watch Friday.

I am thankful for all the laughter I have shared with my son this week. He has really cracked me up in the car on our morning and evening commutes. He was rockin'out in his seat to an oldie rock-n-roll tune which I liked. I patted him on the leg and called him my "my little rocker". Then he said, "Mom! It's ok to do that today but don't do that when I become a rock star. It will be embarrassing." I'll have to remember that.

Then he told me a joke that cracked me up. He does it so well. I tried to tell it today at work and they gonged me, told me to keep my day job and I would never make it as commedian not that I really want to be one. I never was good at telling jokes. I really stunk at it today. I know they were picking on me but it didn't really bother me because I am better at art anyway.

I do have another prayer request of you... My mom's baby brother, Uncle Frank, my other favorite uncle, has had a severe headache for over 3 weeks. He didn't tell my aunt but I guess she finally realized something was wrong with him. She made him go to the hospital. They ran tests. At 1st they thought he might have had a light stroke. They ran more tests and found a spot on his brain. The hospital where he was at could not do anything for him so he was moved the the neighboring hospital next door to where he was. My Daddy told me this evening it was a tumor. This on the tail end of just burying my Uncle Bert.

Yesterday I thought I nor my family cannot go through this again so soon, but I don't really have a choice. Then I know I was being selfish because we are about to go on vacation and I don't want anything to happen to him while we are gone. I do not want to cut our vacation short. May the good Lord forgive me for this. I had only told my best friend Genie these thoughts until now.

My vacation starts tomorrow and I have so many last minute things to do, bills to pay, packing to be done.

Please keep my Uncle Frank and my family in your prayers. Thank you.

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following...
http://www.eph2810.com/

Be sure to check out my past art work before you go.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle Frank. I will be praying for him, and your family. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Sharon said...

I'm sorry about all your family is going through. You do need all the laughter and thank God for gifting your son with that. May your days and that of your family be filled with laughter in Jesus name (Amen)!

sharon,
http://thereservoir.wordpress.com/

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you both, Denise & Sharon for your kind words. I guess I never thought about God gifting my son with a sense of humor like mine. Just one more thing to be thankful for. Thanks for bringin that to light.