Friday, May 2, 2008

Smoke Stack Clouds

 
Posted by Picasa


This is a photo I took a couple of weeks ago probably on a Thursday for a Sky Watch Friday. I loved the way the clouds looked. At the time, they did not remind me of smoke stacks ontop of each other. I just like the way they looked. They did remind me of smoke stacks when I picked them today. Only there was no train! LOL I am so excited because I learned I can crop with Picassa! I took this shot from inside my car and had some of the car's frame in the left side. Now I don't. That is so cool. So I went back and cropped old shots which didn't take long at all.

My hardest decision is picking which photo to use for Sky Watch Friday. To use clouds such as this one where I was probably driving like Tom of Sky Watch did or to use sunsets as were are driving on the way home crossing the bridge into Alabama....

Hope you are having a beautiful Sky Watch Friday. Tomorrow Rhett and I are going to the Cotton Pickin'Fair in Gay, Georgia with my youngest step-daughter and her friend. We are all excited and hoping it won't rain on us. Keep your fingers crossed and don't do any rain dances til after 8 Saturday night.

If you would like to participate in Sky Watch Friday, please go to the following:
http://womtig.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Rose said...

Smoke stack clouds sure is a good title, and I am glad you shared them with us.

Anonymous said...

The title fits perfectly. I like the clouds in the picture too and it makes a perfect SWF photo.

Daniel J Santos said...

excellent post, great photo.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you are quite right.
Those clouds do seem like some smoke stacks.
A very nice photo and a huge SWF.

imac said...

Very nice puffy clouds.

Come see my Blue...

Sandy said...

They do look like a locomotive stack of smoke! That's the great thing about photography, sometimes what you see after you take the shot is not necessarily what you saw at the moment!

Tom said...

I have seen them stacking just so... reminds me of smoke signals in old films.

Tom

FO - 2 said...

Nice shot and a suitable title. :)

Ida

Petunia said...

This is nice and a great title too:)
Petunia

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you all for you kind comments and liking my post as well as the title. I take it I did good!