Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday 5/20/08

Today I am so very thankkful no one was home last Thursday at 4 pm when theives broke into our hoome and robbed us for the 2nd time in almost 10 years. I am NOT thankful for the things they stole from us by any means. During the course of this week I was asked if you could go back to a day you could change in your life, I guess I have two days now. The day of the first robbery, I would have taken the video of my son's birth out of the cam corder so I would still have that because I cannot go back and re-do that. Then last Thursday, I would have asked the police to patrol our street so this would not have happened to us again. I am not asking to change history per se; just alter one tiny thing on each day. That shouldn't alter the time quantium physics thing, should it?

I have had to ask for prayers of safety, peace, of the hope that they find the thieves and that we get our belongings back and much more. I so thankful I have such wonderful friends that have told me they have been praying for us or emailed me stating the same.

I am depressed one moment then try to do stuff to get me out of the funk in between prayers then I remember it all again... I see my underwear all over the bedroom floor or the door almost off the hindge as my son and I walked in later that evening. I see how this has effected my husband and my son. I am angry that it took away my son's innocence, his sense of security, bringing fear into his world and the toll it has taken on us all. My friend Cheryl has had a hard time dealing with it also. It was upsetting that it upset her so much and her poor husband had to suffer from it, but it really made me feel good that we mattered that much.

I am thankful we are safe and pray we remain that way. I am thankful we are alive. I am thankful we were still able to celebrate our son's 10th birthday even if my husband did not feel like celebrating his the next day. I am thankful for the card I created on Sunday, my husband's birthday. I am thankful for the card my son created too because his said he was thankful for God. A mom could not ask for more than that.

So I ask you, too, to keep us in your prayers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

If you have something to be thankful for and would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following....
http://www.eph2810.com/

3 comments:

Paulie said...

Keep your chin up! Blessings for you all.

Denise said...

Bless your heart, I am very sorry this happened sweetie. I am praying for you.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks so much, Paulie and Denise.