Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thoughtful, Thankful Thursday

First of all, I am thankful for... the fun time we had going to the Cotton Pickin' Fair in Gay, GA. I am thankful for... the laughter we shared. I am thankful for... the photos I took while there especially the one of Rhett and I (see previous posts).

I am thankful for... my writing skills, my sense of humor that shows in my words and on my blog. I am thankful for... my blog. I am so loving this blogging thing and new friends I have made through it.

Today I am thankful for... my yesterdays. I am thankful for...the good days as well as the bad ones. I am sure I appreciate the good ones more and the bad ones make me appreiciate the good ones even more. I may have a really good day like on Saturday at the fair or like Monday where a neat new idea came to me. I am thankful for... the ideas too. Then the not so good things occur like leaving or forgetting stuff; Not getting everything my mom bought at Kohl's. My air conditioner not working properly in my car when it's 88 degree outside! Having a sore throat, but knowing it isn't strep. Stuff can be easily replaced if it is needed. I went back for what was missing from my mom's package even if it seemed like a waste of gas with no air, but I have a t-top and I loved the wind blowing through the tendrils of my hair until they blew in my mouth. Yuk!

I discovered Altoids Tangerine Sours which seemed to help my sore throat somewhat so I am thankful for... that find. These days I am finding Kmart is carrying items I have not been able to find elsewhere.

I am thankful for... all the neat picture frames I found at Kohl's. They will be presents for grandparents on Mother's Day, Father's Day and our home as well. I love neat frames. I am thankful for... the senior citizen's discount I received although I am not one! I am not sure if I should be offened or just thankful for that one!

I guess what I am trying to say here is we all have good days and bad days. It is about making something good out of the bad ones. Making lemonade out of lemons. Making something out of nothing as I have done before and in a previous post with that title.

I am also thankful for... the J. R. Ward vampire books I have been turned on to this year. I am now on the third book in her series thanks to Lisa J. It surprised me that my friend Cheryl found it surprising I liked stuff like that and the show "Moonlight" which is now my must see tv program.

I am even thankful for... the navy blue Zebra Sarasa 7.0 pen I use daily to write in my journal, at work and to draw with as well. It copies nice and dark and photographs well.

I was thankful for... the blowing breeze that greeted me when I went outside for lunch; for the warm sun's rays upon my skin until I felt a burning sensation upon my fairness. I was once again thankful for... my camera as I snapped a very different point of view which I may use for Sky Watch Friday or Odd Shots Monday. My shots are getting odder and odder like me and I am thankful for that too.

Again I was NOT thankful for my non-working air in the car but, then so very thankful it decided to come on just as it was getting unbearable reminding me that the Lord knows how much we can handle. I said, "Thank you, Lord" when the air came on. I pray it will work again this afternoon. I will be off tomorrow so I can get it repaired since Don is working tomorrow.

I am so thankful... I found my memory card reader just where I thought it would be... tangled in my cell phone charger. Got to be more careful. Now I can upload photos again. Yeah! Because my friend Abby says every post should have a photo. Now I can take back the 3rd reader I bought in a week back and get another refund. I have new unfinished art to post soon... and I am thankful for that.

I am so thankful... for my mom. It will be a busy weekend so I probably will not have time to post. So Happy Mother's Day to every one a bit early.

What are you thankful for today?

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following....
http://www.eph2810.com/

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for always being so thankful sweetie.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you, Denise for your comment.