Friday, May 23, 2008

Don's Sky Watch Friday 5/23/08

 


This morning it was rather dreary and drizzled a little bit so I decided to post this picture I took last Saturday when we went to the flea market to look for our stolen stuff, but alas we did not find any of it. We stopped at a stop sign and there was these old gas pumps without any shelter to my right. I made Don stop so I could take a picture of it. Then he told me to take one of the sign showing the old gas price compared to the high ones now. He doesn't always say much, but when he does, he has good ideas such as this one. So this is really Don's Sky Watch not mine. I dedicate it to him. Hope you like it and the perfect pretty azure sky. May the gas price make you feel nostalgic and long for the good ole days...

If you would like to particpate in Sky Watch Friday, please got to the following....
http://womtig.blogspot.com/

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Carletta said...

Gotta say Don had a great idea - wouldn't it be great if you could still get gas at that price!! It was 4.09 in my part of the world yesterday.
Great post - love the signs and pumps.

SandyCarlson said...

That is one old pump! From the days when someone else pumped and maybe even cleaned the windshield!

Tom said...

I would have had to stop and see these pumps as well.. tell Don I said hello and thank him for this post.. hope you have a great weekend

Tom said...

I have just read the post below and want you all to know that old womtig and JKane send their very best wishes to you.. I hope you never ever have to feel that way again.. We have been robbed a while back and though things were stolen they could mostly be replaced..it was the fact someone had been there uninvited... I do not turn the other cheek at times like these but become a hunter.. I hope the thieves suffer torments in due course.

May your god be with you.

becky aka theRAV said...

Wow! Thanks for all your comments! I can't wait to tell Don and show him this. Maybe it will lift his spirits a bit. Glad ya'll liked Don's idea. Yes, Sandy, I remember those day when they cleaned your windshield for you. I'll be sure to tell him, Tom. Thanks for kind words, Tom.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

My/My - We are at $4 a gallon. That isn't the only place you can't buy the gas at that price.

Pernille said...

Nice shot!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about what happened to you.

The old pump should still be working, with prizes from days gome by seems to be what everybody wishes!

Kay said...

So sorry to read that you got robbed! That's terrible. We're all getting robbed at the pump now.

Max-e said...

Hi Becky, ejoyed your picture. Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. This always makes me so angry. We have a very high crime rate in South Africa and having been at the receiving end of crime on many occassions, I know just how violated you must feel. Having said that I do bite back. My wife and have become involved in anti crime forums and have even nabbed a burglar.

FO - 2 said...

Nice capture.
Charming.
Old and rusty.
I like it! :)

dot said...

Becky that is just a priceless shot! I love it. I think we can honestly say "those were the good ole days!".

Unknown said...

Nice shot!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Interesting shot! Although they are an eye-sore, those old rusty pumps are really nostalgic!

chrome3d said...

In Finland and most of Europe the price of gas is 4 times higher than the price of gas in US.
That´s why I don´t drive so much!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks for all your comments. Don will be thrilled to know he has received more comments than I ever have!