Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's 2008 (updated)


This photo has a story behind it.... When we went to an American Legion Halloween party a few years ago, this skeleton was on our table so we brought him home with us. For a long while he hung out over the stove until Don moved him to the fridge behind my red berry heart wreath magnet. When I got my digital camera this summer, I took this 1st shot of it. I knew then I would either use it in the scrapbook for Halloween or Valentine's or both. I came up with this caption for it: "I love you to death." I could just see it on a postcard... or a stamp at zazzle.com.



another view of it with a heart and lips magnets ....



This week I made it into a scrapbook style. It doesn't look good here to me, but since this was what I created this week, I had to post it. I made about 10 of these. I got my background paper mixed up on one where I had a red background instead of black then red. That mistake will probably be the one to go in the scrapbook. I did not send all 10 of them out as I planned. I sent it as an email instead except to my friend Patti. I sent her's through inter-office mail.



I bought these cool frames at Walmart last week. I bought one for myself for work, one for Don and one for my parents. As I was cropping the photo from Christmas this morning to fit the frame, I realized I needed a vertical picture so I wasn't real happy with it at 1st. Even thought of taking them back, but I improvised... I turned it on it's side making it unique. Then I was quite happy with it. It doesn't take much for me. It was calling me to take a photo of it so I did and there you have it.... No, that is not a green bugger coming out of my nostril if you click on it! Its a piece of glitter inside the frame. I just entered the last one in Odd Shots Monday but I forgot to write down the link to it. Sorry. I'll add it later...

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am suffering with just a sore throat, but it is better today than it was yesterday. I was running fever & miserable. Rhett & I did not go to church. I am taking Daddy back to the dr this afternoon after I pick up Rhett. I thought I'd caught it from Daddy on his birthday while he opened his presents and had a bad coughing spell. Poor thing.

Today I am not going to spoil this by writing about all the petty things that are going on at work.
I had a wonderful Valentine's. My guys took me to a chinese place to eat that is near our house. The food was better than usual. I had some of the best shrimp with crab meat in a sauce. It was almost as good as that chinese place we ate at in Little Rock on our last BIG vacation. Don gave me a golden amber colored ring. Like I needed another ring! LOL. We rushed home to see "Lost". The 1st episode we missed 25 mins of but luckily it was repeat. Don wanted to see it worse than I did! I curled up underneath the hot pink blanket/throw Elisa gave me for Christmas. Now every time I do this, I either doze or go to sleep. I dozed off during "Lost" so I was lost! I took medicine for my sore throat and cough and went to bed early. Hope your's was a good as mine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Paulie said...

I discovered that you are participating in ODD SHOTS also. That is great what you did to the heart and yep! It is odd. lol Hope you will enter another one this week. Monday is the day! Let Katney know when you have it up!