Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Rest of Yesterday into the Morrow


Yesterday I was lucky enough to be aided by someone more knowledgeable than me about digital camera cards. It seemed mine was locked and I didn't know how I managed to lock it. I asked the deputy warden and he showed me how I must have locked it without knowing I did it. Problem solved. I told him he made my day. My best friend Penny did that also in an email by telling me I was her family.

As I was driving home, the light blue sky was turning partially darker blue, the darkest parts being clumps of clouds. I noticed a very viney section out of my left eye's view and an eerie looking tree against the darkening dusty horizon. The fact that this would be the vampire's awakening hour came to mind. This would be the perfect setting for a vampiric novel I am yet to write. Just as I was getting mesmerized into these thoughts with such descriptive words whirling by on a runaway conveyor belt in my brain, bright car lights suddenly blinded me, bringing me back to reality. I had to laugh at myself and shook my head as I drove on to the Krystal to pick up supper for my family. Nobody dies going to the Krystal. They may feel like it after those tiny burgers drop in their stomachs like bombs. My friend Lefty used to call them "Sliders" because they slid on right on through you. Nobody would be a victim of a vampire here tonight. Or would they? Hee. Hee. It is hard to insert an evil laugh here.

I had a good day despite all the pettiness still going on at work which isn't worth writing about; despite my bad coughing spell requiring my inhaler & a trip to the nurse for cough syrup. I seem calmer as I wrote this inside the Krystal last night.

Yesterday I found a new E word for ABC Wednesday. I think it is an e word no one else will have. It is a word I pass by almost weekly.

As I was departing with our food, I saw a young guy who could pass as a wolf man! The "Twilight Zone" theme playing now as I walked to my car. I sat in my car writing this post while waiting for the Krystal to steam in their clear plastic bag. Should I wait to see what sort of vehicle this wolfish looking guy drives? Nah. Not unless he came out in five minutes. Besides there were too many big trucks and SUV's blocking my view.

What was really weird that happened later was this... I'd been thinking about a friend, Lefty and lo he called at 9 pm! He was checking if I'd heard from my best friend Penny. While I had him on the phone, I asked him what he used to call Krystals and he told me. At least I didn't stay awake trying to remember. LOL You probably thought I was gonna say the wolf guy followed me home, didn't you?

I read what was on one of the Krystal boxes to Don. I took a photo of what was written on the Krystal box because I found it funny. And since my friend Abby says every post needs a photo, there it is...

"Vegas" was very good last night. I KNEW Tom Selleck's character was NOT going to die. It seems my "feelings" have returned again. Rhett & Don slept on the couch through it while I was wide awake.

Rhett woke up in the night with a sore throat. I guess he caught it from me. Poor baby.

I picked up last year's Gratitude journal to see if we went to the hunting land at the same time of year. We were off by a couple of days. It has been a year since The Episode at work. Then I saw where I took Daddy to the hospital on the 19th. He wasn't sick for his birthday last year, but got sick afterwards. We have had our dishwasher for a year now. Thank goodness it still works because I hate to wash dishes!

I had to take Daddy to the bank today although he is very weak and stumbling, but being a typical man, too stubborn to let me hold on to him. I saw an old JCP co-worker there, David, who has put on weight since being married and since the last time I saw him.

And so it begins... I think I am going to HAVE to take over my father's finances. It is so sad to see your parents deteriorating before your eyes. My mom seems to have gone deaf now too. I am not complaining; just very thankful to have them still here.

Rhett & I went to Dinglewood for lunch before tacklng his project at the library. I didn't want to eat chili because it might burn my still raw throat. I ordered a grilled cheese instead. They placed it before me and it was simply toast with melted cheese. I spoke before I realized I could be overheard at the counter. I said,"I could make a better grilled cheese than this" which had the waitress mumbling. Rhett asked me what was wrong with it. I said it didn't have any butter on it. One waitress was looking in the mirror over her head and she said to the mirror looking directly at me that they didn't put butter on them. I pushed the sandwich to the side. So I ordered a chicken salad sandwich instead. I only ate half of it which is a good thing. Rhett didn't eat all of his chili dog so I took the leftovers back to mom's, mailed Daddy's letter and went to the library.
It was sort of neat looking up Muhammad Ali because I could remember all his fights being televised. I was apart of that history. I watched it happen. He was an Olympic gold medalist and his life came full circle the year he carried the torch at the Olympics in Atlanta, Ga..

No comments: