Monday, February 4, 2008

Received



I woke up with something weighing heavy on my mind and in my heart this morning.... Last week I asked all my email buddies to pray for Amanda and Stephen who lost their first baby, Dharma Jean. When I sent the email out, I asked "please pray for our friends..." when Stephen is actually Don's 2nd cousin - not friends so I apologized for that error. The baby's funeral was last Monday. A whole week has passed.


After hearing of Dharma Jean's death, I heard or read several references to the name or word Dharma last week. It is rather unusual. If Amanda and Stephen were watchers of the show "Lost", the word Dharma was used several times in the catch up episode and the new one. If they happened to watch it, I am sure it would have brought on more tears. Or it would have for me. I mentioned this to Don last Thursday night.


So please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers for awhile longer. Today I just feel like they really need them. I don't get these "feelings" very often any more and when I do, I try to heed them.


My friend Ruth F. is having her big hernia surgery today at Emory so please remember her also. I thank you in advance for your prayers.


It was a dreary morning, but it was brightened by another call from my friend Patti. She called to tell me Nathan came home this weekend and she saw him. The patch has been removed from his eye. He cannot open his eye completely yet. His mom has been "doctoring" it with drops and whatever else she needs to do.


Today I discovered a card idea blog at: http://cardideas.blogspot.com/ I was not able to make any comments to one I could answer about what to do with your scraps; just look or lurk. I would have said, "Make a collage." There were some neat ideas on the blog. I thought it might help you or give you some needed inspiration. My friend Anne really liked it. She liked the more complicated fold out cards. Give the the simple, easy ones any day! LOL


Today I had to use my "received" stamp ALOT. So I felt like the Receiver. Maybe I am... since I had those "feelings" about Stephen and Amanda. As if I didn't use it enough, I stamped it on the email I sent out about the card ideas. It definetly made it a more colorful email as you can see for yourself... So I did post a photo today. The word received always reminds me of Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind and everyone saying, "he wasn't received." in a whispered tone much like people use for the word cancer now. I found it an odd term. Being a teenager, I understood the gist of it, but it wasn't something we never used in our everyday language. Nor do we use it nowdays. So I will ask you... what did you receive today?
I had a previous post about this stamp where it somehow partially stamped on my some of fingers "ived". I placed my fingers down on my doodle pad like they were a stamp then added "Li" to it to make the word "Live" in a large doodling I had been working on daily. It really helped my friend Bob on that particular day. It made him want to live. I will never forget that. I should probably frame that drawing and give it to him.


It was pleasant enough for folks to sit outside on the benches at Sonic when I went to lunch to try their new steak sandwich. BIG mistake. It wasn't that great to me. In fact I didn't eat it all.The onion rings were too sweet. Do I sound like Goldilocks? I don't mean to complain about everything. I will stick with their jr burgers from here on out. Just call me "Whimpie" from the "Popeye" cartoons. My Daddy used to call me that because that would always be what I would order when we went out to eat. He and I used to get mustard and onions only. How do you like your burgers?


I had the windows down almost halfway, the t-top cracked open on the ride home from work. It felt like spring outside. Made me want to sit in a park. How was your weather today?

No comments: