Monday, February 4, 2008

Ground Hog Day

2/2/08 Did the Ground hog see his shadow? Does it really matter? The weather will occur regardless. Does seeing a squirrel count? As I stood watching the varmit scamper on our deck railing with a nut in his mouth, I thought to myself, "I need to wear my camera around my neck all the time." As if I don't have enough pictures.

After eating pizza last night, my throat felt as if someone was pushing a pencil into my left vocal chord. I took a benedryl before bed. I cut out stuff as I watched "Moonlight" which was a repeat but I watched it again. At some point I drifted off for a few minutes on "Vegas".

Don let me sleep late. When I got up, I began taking stuff for my throat including Sunny Delight with calcium. I fixed cocktail sausages and canned biscuits. Don complained about breakfast at noon. He went "Breakfast" like the word was "New York City" in a western twang. I told him to "just be glad, eat it and be thankful!" with a smile of course. I didn't say it as mean as it sounds here in print.

No change in Uncle Bert's condition. They will try therapy for the mass on his brain. He will be transferred to another hospital, but we don't know where yet. It wil be hard on my aunt. Because of my sore throat, I will not see him today as I'd planned so I feel bad about that.

Today I received a nice email from Janet of Lavendar Loft. Thanks for that, Janet. I also discovered a new and very funny blog belonging to Mrs. G... go to http://www.derfwadmanor.blogspot.com/ Her post for today was about mammograms. Mrs. G in turn led me to another hilarious blog belonging to Melanie in Idaho. Melanie's blog address is: http://beanpaste.blogspot.com/ where she is participating in a project called 30 Tiny Moments which seems to be what my photos are about. Not sure if I want to participate in another thing at the moment. I did not read all of their blogs, but they made me smile and laugh. But I must warn you... Mrs. G uses strong language on her's. I'd already sent my email recommending the blogs before I discovered this fact. Still I found it amusing and it was exactly what the dr ordered today.

So today was not about art. After ALL I did yesterday, I don't feel any regrets about it either.
I just could not seem to get my feet warm. I finally had to put on some thick socks.

Some friends of our's from Indiana have purchased an online travel business. They sent us a postcard about it today. Please go to http://www.sunnysidetravel.org/. Tell them Don & Becky sent you and maybe they will give us a discount. LOL

We seem to get late starts on Saturdays these days. I took some photos for the upcoming ABC Wednesday in mind. Already thinking of C words.... We mailed our taxes then decided to eat a Country's. On the way there I was quite honest with Don about something I want very badly that has been weighing on my mind. I told him how I was the one who made all the sacrifices when we got married. He did not have to make any changes except for the fact that I was living with him. LOL He might not agee with me. After I had most of my say, he said, "So this means we won't be moving to Indiana...?" I guess he really did want to move back there. But he added by the time we did move, he'd be too old to farm anyway. Yet hes is tired of the people around here. I guess he wants to get back to the country where it is an entirely different world from the one we live in now. Then we were weighing the pros and cons again and got nowhere. Then it was time to get out of the car to get in line for a table.

I saw Mr. Reiner, a retiree from JCP. He has let his gray sideburns grow out like Elvis'. He was alone so I am thinking his wife must have died. So sad to be eating alone. Afterwards we went over to Fred's to pick up a few things, came home and watched "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise. I cut more things out of catalogs when the boring parts were on. Don didn't really like the movie.

No comments: