Monday, February 4, 2008

Photographing My C's

2/3/08 I still couldn't get my feet warm but the day did grow warmer and I was too hot in my cowl neck sweater. Couldn't wait to get home to change into something cooler. I took photos of C words at the place were we ate after church, but I am not going to spoil the surprise yet. I will give this tidbit away or should I say nibblet? There was one hole in my ear of corn. Rhett called it "holy corn" so then I just had to take a picture of it. Great idea, Rhett! He's kinda handy sometimes. I think I'll keep him at least another 10 years or more.

I cut out more stuff from catalogs even thought I had ideas in my head... I guess cutting has become an obsession with me. Somehow I find it comforting. I did this for good while until I got on the computer to check emails and blog hop. I saw I had three comments from my Sky Watch Friday post, but could not pull them up at home. Need to have the computer worked on.

After the evening service, called Elisa but they were not home from their church which is later than our's. So we went to get strawberry sundays at McDonald's past their house while we waited for them to get home from church. Don watched some of the Superbowl. There was one really funny commerical that I burst out laughing, but now I can't remember what it was about. While there, I took more C photos. The only good thing about having a cold is, if you drink out of a Pepsi can, you get it all to yourself. No one wants to share especially my germs. I did not take a photo of the Pepsi can because I felt like I would be infringing on copyright laws. Mrs. G had someone tell her she'd broken a whole bunch of them on her blog.

Elisa forgot all about us coming over and they made other plans so Nate's gift will have to wait.

Once home again, I cut more things out, but Don had the tv on the Superbowl. It always makes me restless. If he didn't have it on that, it was on hunting so I got back on the computer. I read more of Mrs. G's blog. I found one really funny post where a teenage daughter wanted to wear thongs. Her mom wasn't going to buy them. SO the daughter knitted herself a thong. As most of you know, yarn contains WOOL in it. The mom could ALWAYS tell when her daughter was wearing her thong by the way she walked. I laughed harder than I have laughed in awhile. I am surprised Rhett didn't come running back there to see why I was laughing so hard. I made Don put on his glasses, come back there and read it.

Today I discovered an old shirt I'd drawn and painted a sort of patchwork design on one side maybe before Rhett was born or shortly afterwards. I did this to cover up tea or Pepsi stains on the preppie lavendar button down shirt. It had my maidenly initials on it. I added a "V" with a dark purple marker to my initials. It no longer buttons so I have to wear it unbuttoned as a jacket with a red t-shirt or tank underneath. I added a few more colors to it's colorfulness. This will probably be on my post for ABC Wednesday, but I will not upload the pictures yet. Have I peaked your curiosity? Good! Stayed tuned for Wednesday's post....

1 comment:

dot said...

Hello! I made it here again and now I know how I got here before. I was beginning to get worried. lol