Monday, February 25, 2008

Odd Shot Monday 2/25/08 (updated)


First of all on Friday nite, I did not take any of the OTC meds I'd been taking for my cold/sore throat. I wanted to sleep soundly, not feel as if I was floating on air then waking up to the slightest sound. I slept the sleep of the dead until I woke myself up snoring. My body felt heavy like it had been run over by a mack truck. Don woke me up by aggrevating me so we could get an early start ...

On Saturday, we drove to a car dealership about 30 mins away from home because we had won a "prize." It was supposed to be $1,000 in prizes. It is cheap stuff we have to pay shipping on if we order it! The real prize was the family outing together. They had all these balloons out front as most dealerships do nowdays. It was a perfect day except for being windy. I took this odd shot because I liked it. I was actually standing underneath this when I snapped it. I liked the contrast of the yellow balloons against the blue sky. I also got gas on the way home for $2.99, cheaper than back home so I was very thankful.

Another neat thing that happened was the salesman that waited on us, had a framed photo of Elvis with Muhammad Ali. I asked him if I could take a photo of it. I want Rhett to take it to school to show his class. Too bad we didn't have it last week for his poster. More serendipity?

Rhett wants a SUV with a dvd player & one of those radios you tell it to play whatever song. I told him Don would tell it to play Dwight Yoakum, I would tell it to play Barry Manilow & he'd tell it to play something else entirely. It would be so confused. Then Rhett added it would malfunction. It was cute and funny.

It you would like to participate in Odd Shot Monday, please go to: http://katneyskaboodle.blogspot.com/

We came home ate lunch, watched a movie because we couldn't go to Dothan so Don could buy a tractor or a trailer like he wanted. That will be next Saturday's adventure/photo opp. I was able to take a lot of photos for ABC Wednesday F is for... as well as Sky Watch Friday. Later I had to go to the store to get a desert for our Sweetheart's dinner at church. I found a flowing of streets that started with the letter F. So many that it was unreal as if they were falling from the sky.

I came home, made the two deserts of Jello Cookies & Cream as requested. I quickly made out the place cards for our older sweethearts we were honoring. I added red hearts besides their names and if their name had an i in it, that was dotted with a heart so that was more of my Create Everyday stuff which I haven't really done since I have been sick. Rhett and the other young people sang two songs. Naturally I got a photo of him singing. It was nice not having to cook supper. The smell from the bunson burners undearneath the food did not agree with me because I was coughing pretty bad and cold. I think my coughing is getting on Don's nerves. So I took 2 doses of robitussin, put my blue scarf around my shoulders like an old lady. Rhett & I re-watched "Knight Rider" in his room in his bed. I was all warm and toasty but not coughing. He was soon asleep.

Sunday we went to Golden Coral after church. Their mashed potatoes and popcorn shrimp reminded me of Morrison's Cafeteria when I was growing up which is a good memory for me. I remember my mom dressing me up on Friday nights so we could go downtown to eat then window shop. Those department stores are no longer there. They used to be decorated with moving characters at Christmas time. That is a dead art now.

Don got a piece of chocolate cake and gave me a bite. It was sheer heaven on my tongue. I went to get a piece for myself. I told Rhett "it was so good it would make you want to slap your momma, but you better not!" It was so good that if you knew you were dying tomorrow, that would be the desert you would want. You could die happy.

Rhett was crying with growing pains in his knee around 9 pm. I gave him a baby asprin, made him get in his bed to get it warm. He was soon fast asleep and I watched the Oscars from there while playing Bookworm. My eyes bothered me again from wearing make up. It was another good weekend.

Today I discovered a new blog but folks have had trouble getting into it. Try http://sendmessageinabottle.blogspot.com/ I hope to have my message(s) in a bottle soon...

If this doesn't work, I will tell you another route to go to it.

On Leah's blog today, at http://www.creativeeveryday.com/creativeeveryday/ had an idea from a book meme making the rounds again in which you to to page 123 of the book you are reading and share the 6th, 7th and 8th sentences on that page. The book I am reading Highland Vampire did not work in a positive enough manner for me so I chose the dictionary where I found the following...

"cheerful

See synonyms under BRIGHT.

beamish - (be' mish) adj. Radiant; beaming with light.

-from the New International Webster's Comprehensive Dictionary (1996)

Isn't that what we all want to be? I feel my photo also reflects that.

Luckily I found a dime today. Does that mean 10 people in heaven are thinking about me?

.Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Paulie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paulie said...

Neat that you won even if you didn't accept the prize! Did those yellow balloons have smiley faces on them like the ones I saw recently and put on my blog last week? It definitely is an odd combination! Come and see mine.

Katney said...

We always compare the balloon presentation at the various dealerships nearby. There are always balloons.

Dragonstar said...

That's a lovely bright shot, and it certainly looks odd like that. It's so bright and cheerful it brightens my dull, wet, and windy morning.
And so does the rest of your post - thank you.

becky aka theRAV said...

Once again thanks for all your kind comments. So glad my post could brighten your day, Dragon Star. That made my day. Then my post was a success.

Dewdrop said...

Southeast Alabama? Keep your eyes to the sky today, weather radio on. Great shot of the... car lot? Awesome perspective!