Friday, February 15, 2008

Sky Watch Watch Friday...Part 3

We took these golden sunsets on the way home last night after I found my dream home that looks like a modern day castle. It is for sale. I even took Rhett by to see it. I'd been around it 3 or 4 times. A man was standing out in his yard watching me go by probably thinking I was a stalker! I think they were having an open house there because there were lots of cars and all the lights were on inside. The only thing I didn't like was one window downstairs that looked as if it could be broken into easily. I was already installing burglar bars on it in my mind. It probably has an alarm system anyway. Don probably won't go for it.

I love Golden sunsets that ...

become oranger and oranger by the moment...
until it looks almost like a golden fish tail; a gold fish. Am I sensing a theme here? This is the end of this Sky Watch Friday's "photos fest" as my friend Cheryl called my Valentine's post. Thanks for the new termonology, Cheryl.
First, I must thank everyone who has been kind enough to leave me comments. I can't always get into your blogs to answer. I really appreciate the comments especially the prayers on my father's behalf. Its nice to know there are fellow Georgians out there as well as hearing from folks far, far away that I would never have dreamed possible. The internet is a wonderful thing.
An update: I had to take Daddy back to the dr yesterday & they gave him more meds plus an inhaler which he couldn't get to work properly. Since I have to use one myself, I tried to show him, but I ended up just spraying it inside his mouth and made him wash it down with some liquid. He was able to sleep some last night and so did my mom. Thank goodness. I have been suffering with a sore throat and cough since Wednesday, but I am still taking oodles of pictures as you can see... I guess I will be buried with my camera when I die. LOL No, I will pass it on to Rhett so he can hopefully continue this legacy of mine.
Tell me which ones you liked as I am sure you will. I am loving this project of Sky Watch Friday because it makes me so much aware of my surroundings, appreciate the beauty of the skies even on dark days, makes me happy and excited about my life and what I see. Hope it makes you feel the same way. If you would like to participate, please go to: http://strollingthroughgeorgia.blogspot.com/
I also created a card idea today. Not the greatest I've done, but it was still creating something as I try to do everyday. Bella reminded me of paint on the computer which is what I used to create today. I have not used it in long time so it was fun. I read a really, really good poem on McCabe's blog http://dancingmermaid.com/ that touched my soul. She has such a way with words. She has a challenge to write 9 poems in a week. Anyone up for that? What touched your soul today?
Please see previous posts.
~theRAV~
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

dot said...

Hi Becky, It has taken me a while to get into your blog as something is wrong with my service at times. You posted the wrong address on Mr. Linky again so I had to delete it. If you will go to your main blog page and run your mouse over the address bar, when it turns dark blue right click and your will see the little window with the option to copy. All you have to do is click on copy and then go to Mr. Linky on my blog and paste the address into Mr. Linky. If you don't understand from my directions do a google search on copy and paste. I'm going to copy and paste your address back into Mr. Linky now. If you will try to leave a comment on my blog after you do Mr. Linky each week then I can click on your name and hopefully get to your blog a lot easier if this ever happens again. Thanks!

Misty DawnS said...

Love this sunset - it's beautiful!

SandyCarlson said...

These are lovely.

Yolanda said...

I loved the photos of the sky so gld to have your blog.

FO - 2 said...

Beautiful. Changing colours, paited with the sun`s palette. :)

Andrea said...

Beautiful sunset. I too tried to get in your blog last night and it was not set up right through Mr. Linky. Glad Dot got it straightened out.

Marie said...

Beautiful!

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi everyone! Thanks Dot for the helpful infot. I am still new to this & do not know everything yet. Always learning.

Yoland, I will email you later but you were apart of my 1st postcard swap & I visit your inspiring blog weekly. Thanks for all your kind words here.