Friday, February 15, 2008

Sky Watch Friday on a Sat in the Woods Part 1

Last Saturday we went to the hunting land so Don could get his 2 tree climber stands. I liked the way the sunlight sparkled on the leaves of the pine tree in this one as well as the periwinkle color of the sky.
Rhett held this fragile leaf up just so I could snap this one. It was not exactly how I wanted it but it was hard to hold the leaf as well as the camera at the same time. When you click on it, it is much better and is the effect I wanted. You can see I need to cut Rhett's nails! This long thumb nail reminds me of Don's.
We tried many times to capture rocks, sizeable pieces of wood, large pieces of tree bark as they hit the water to capture splashes, but we got mostly ripples instead. The camera stopped it almost every time. We did manage a least a few splashes. I decided to post this shot because it showed more of the beautiful sky that one special day in our lives that we will remember always.... It was hot enough I got a little sunburned on my naked face in February! No, there is no aligators in the water either.

There is still more to come... please see next posts... ~theRAV~
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andree said...

I love to explore before the foliage comes back because you can see what is going on underneath the canopy. You can see what the land is like under there. It looks like you had a wonderful day. My Sky Watch is here.