Friday, February 8, 2008

Sky Watch Friday 2/8/08




I had clouds from last Saturday's photo shoot on C is... Clouds post for ABC Wednesday, but I did not want to repeat them again for Sky Watch Friday (http://strollingthroughgeorgia.blogspot.com/) due to space on the blog. Please go back to my previous post to view them. http://qutotherav3.blogpsot.com.2008/02/c-is-for-clouds.html The 1st photo I took a few days ago, but it isn't the best shot and is a bit blurry. The ivy is growing up the tree branches. It catches my attention every time I drive by it which is almost daily. I was overcast that day I snapped it.

After the storm came through that caused deadly tornadoes in Tennesee in the later part of the week, the skies were oh so pretty and blue. I wanted to capture that today and I think was successful in the last two photos. I went Capt. D's for lunch. I parked strategically so I could take these. I liked that a vine of leaves was coming down on one side representing new life in February. I zoomed in on the sweet gum balls. I like the stark contrast of their darkness against the clear blue sky. With the sweet gum balls, it reminds me a connect the dots. I took more, but narrowed them down to these three.

I don't want to spoil the beauty of this post by writing about dumb things that happened at work. They aren't worth mentioning, getting upset over, getting indigestion because of it or giving that person any more power in my life. I will just say this though, Capt D's got my order wrong. They gave me bite size shrimp only. Maybe they were trying to tell me something... that I didn't need to eat fries and hush puppies. LOL I could already taste the malt vinegar on the hush puppies on my tongue. Did I make you hungry?
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Interesting shots! God bless.

Daryl said...

Nice photos

Tom said...

A great set of Sky Watch and tree pictures...

dot said...

Hope you enjoyed your lunch!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Nice shots of the sky and the birds in the tree limbs

Misty DawnS said...

Great and creative shots. Happy Friday!

Carole said...

So interesting.

FO - 2 said...

Nice. I like the last shot. :)
Happy weekend! :)

Andree said...

Those butterballs are interesting: I never heard of them or saw them. I have to learn more. Very nice! My Sky Watch is here. Thank you.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thank you all for you kind comments. I think this is the most comments I have received so far!
~Becky~