Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday 2/28/08


Today I am thankful for... the fun weekend we had as a family, all the photos I took, the cheap gas I bought, but alas is now gone. I was thankful to just get away if only for a little while. I am thankful my daddy is better and felt like picking my son up yesterday from school. I am thankful my cold is almost gone. Now if I could just get rid of this nagging cough. I am thankful for my past two blog posts. On Tuesday I did not feel like participating in yet another activity I found on another blog where you toot your own horn on that day. Maybe next Tueday... I did not feel worthy except for my two posts. I felt down and blue because I had not created any art due to being sick. I felt rest was more important even if I had ideas bombarding me. I was thankful for all the comments I received on my blog.

Last night I was thankful they brought out our old song books at Wednesday night service. Although I couldn't sing all the songs, I sang the ones I really liked to sing. I was thankful they sang one of my favorites "Victory in Jesus". It was like seeing an old friend so I was thankful we went to church and heard Daniel's message about the dandilions. He had a photo of a field of dandilions which showed how God's words multiplied like that field. It was awesome.

Today I had wanted to use a scripture, but had not found the right one. Then I refound an old email of a prayer sent from my friend Anne a week or so ago. It ended with this quote which I found powerful and I was thankful for refinding it:

God said, "Go in the strength you have." (Judges 6:14) Gideon had strengths he hadn't yet discovered, and so do you.

Then I remembered I did do a drawing on 2/20/08, a week ago in my Gratitude Journal which is the one shown above. It was my rendition of the blouse I bought at JCPenney's that has become my favorite top. It reminds me of dreamergirl's work on her blog at: http://dreamergirl.typepad.com/ This little doodle made me feel better about myself; like I accomplished something. It made me even more thankful - if that's possible.

I was thankful for the good laugh I had at my son Rhett's expense last night. We were listening to the song "Le Freak" on the radio on the way home from church. Rhett thought they were singing "just breathe" instead of "le freak". I made him repeat it and I cracked up. I told him I'd have to tell my best friend Penny about that. Because on a Donna Summer song from the 70's or 80's, she was singing "I got what you what you want..." and I thought she was singing "I got one shoe on". When I told Penny that, she spit her drink out into her windshield in her Sunbird. A good memory. When I told Rhett this, he laughed harder than me. So I guess I certainly can't deny him as my son after that now, can I? Not that I would or could since he looks so much like me.

I have another funny story to tell... the evangelist at work decided to put some of her annoiting oil on the back of the "supervisor's" chair while she was out at her car on one of her many smoke/talk on her cell phone breaks. She spilt the oil down onto her cloth chair and called for the other lady to help her clean it up. Luckily they got it cleaned up and they told me about it later. I could just picture it... and it was funny. I looked at the chair. I can still tell where the oil fell on the chair, but the "supervisor" has not noticed it. We would have never heard the end of it if she had seen it. They claim the "supervisor's" attitude got better because of it, but I am not so sure about that since she continued to make her snide remarks each time as she passed by. I felt like the evangelist was being told by someone higher up that she was doing something she should not do but that is just my point of view. Our preacher's wife said all of the women at my work just act plain childish. This week I am thankful for the peace and quiet in the office without the "supervisor's" presence. She will return on Monday. Our office will need your prayers please.

I am thankful for the good soulful lunch I had from the food Nazi today. It may be awhile before we get to-go orders from there since they misplaced the order I called in early. I am thankful I don't have an attitude like the people that work at that cafe seem to always have. I used to think they were prejudice and didn't like me, but that is not true. I don't think they like anyone who comes in the cafe. Yet we still go there and subject ourselves to this because the food is so good. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

What were you thankful for today?

If you would like to particpate in Thankful Thursday, please go to: http://www.eph2810.coom/

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Susan said...

Praise God for your thankful heart. What a beautiful list!

Blessings!

Denise said...

Be blessed sweetie.

eph2810 said...

I love singing old hymns :) We mostly sing them during Lent and Advent :)

I am glad that you had a good time after church.

I don't know if I would go to a cafe where the customers are not welcome *smile* - but then again if the food is great :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours.