Friday, February 22, 2008

Color Battle

Colors
to fight off the dreariness of the rainy day
bright reds doing their best battle
blinding whites
navy notes across the page
not red with rage
just trying to survive the darker hues
fighting off the blues
that threaten to swallow me whole
pull me down into it's black pits
I vowed never to go there again.
You cannot make me sink into blackness!
As I am staring at Amberlaine hanging there,
Will she pull me out of the darkness?
Think amber thoughts today
use golden tones
Add some glow,
maybe a little glitter to the page of your life
But not too much
Don't over do
Save some for another drearier day this this.
~theRAV~

Inspirational quote of the day that is so appropriate after my poem:

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
~Eliabeth Kubler-Ross~

go to:
http://quoththerav3.blogspot.com/2008/02/amberlaine.html to see Amberlaine.

No comments: