Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Terrific Tuesday


I woke up in a good mood even if the weather channel said it was a terrible Super Tuesday or some negative term like that. Who are they to decide what to call my day? It was very, very foggy. I went to vote after I dropped Rhett off at school. There was something rewarding about voting for your choice; the right one. Mine is ALWAYS the opposite of Don's. We cancel each others vote out.

On the way to the fire dept where I vote, I saw our preacher outside his house hoeing in his yard. I honked, but wasn't sure he knew it was me. After voting, (which did not take long since I only voted for my choice for the next president, I did not know who the other people were) I drove slower, rolled down my window and waved at Larry when I passed him again and honked. He smiled so I knew he recognized me. That made my morning. Later I emailed he and his wife to tell them about Nathan's progress with his eye. Apparently Larry seeing me made his morning as well.

My "I Voted" sticker wouldn't stick to my bold red, black, pink and white designed top so I inadvertently did what Leah of http://www.creativeeveryday.com/ posted for today. I placed my sticker on a red 3x3 sheet of paper cut from a blank index card, knowing it would be the photo for my post today, but it did not come through. It wasn't that big of a deal anyway. I believe Leah calls is "synchronicity" whereas I was calling it serendipity. I think all of us artistic folks are on the same wave length. Long may it keep waving!

So the word of the day is synchronicity- n. the coincidence of two or more events linked together by meaning, but without any causual connections; meaningful cross-connection between separate casual chains.

I had a good lunch; a scrambled dog from Dinglewood. My half bitten pickle was a neat shape, but did not photograph well which is why it is not posted. I uploaded ALL my C pictures for tomorrow's post for ABC Wednesday. Never looked forward to Wednesdays before until now.

The 2nd thing that made my day was a long email from my friend Iris. Her mom turned 88 last month. My Daddy will be 83 on the 12th. Earlier in the morning, my school chum, Darryl sent me a quote which I passed on to all my quote collectors. Darryl sent me another email later this afternoon that made my day for the 3rd time. Sometimes he goes back through the quotes that I have sent him to find one that helps him get through the day or the week. So I know that I have done my good deed once again. I cannot begin to tell you how good that makes me feel. That I have touched someone's life. It gives me a purpose. I hope you had a terrific Tuesday as I did.

Quotes of the Day:

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.
-Edwin Louis Cole-

You are what you are because that's what you want to be. You, and only you have the power to make a change.
-John Hunter-

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. -Plutarch-

These are repeats but bears repeating....

A certain magic happens when you help others fly.
Their wings lift you up.
-Kinza Christenson-

Never understimate the power of your actions.
With one small gesture you can change a person's life for better or for worse.
-Ernest Maboza-

No comments: