Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A B C Wednesday F is for...


In my search for F words, I knew I wanted to start with this one simply because of the fact that I wanted to do something with the two Franklins in my life. My father Franklin is in the foto on the left and Everett Franklin, aka Rhett, his namesake is on the right before he got braces. Today I went thru all the f words in the dictionary and found the word fleece which instantly struck a happy F chord with me since I began collecting lambs when I was pregnant with Rhett. This is Fleecie. She was given to me as a birthday gift at work and she resides on my computer. I'd almost forgotten about her until today. This reminded me I should not take her for granted. Rhett has a lamb at home called Fleece which is a smaller version of Fleecie. I can't remember if they are from the same family. My 2nd choice was my Rhett Butler t-shirt that says: "Frankly my dear..." which I did not fotograph.



I felt it was importantly fitting to have a flag flying in fair weather this February day.

I passed by these beautiful flowers in the floral departments of the grocery stores I frequented this week. I love the colorfulness of them.


I must say I had a barrel full of fun as well as a Field Day in this fabulous search for the f words I ferreted out all week. I went down familar roads and some not so familar to find four or five streets that began with the letter f all in the same area. Then there were the first, fourth and fifth avenues. Every where I turned, there was another one as if they were falling from the sky. It was almost unfathomable. Forgive the misspelling if it is misspelled. I did not post any of those F streets here this time like I did last time. I just didn't "feel" them as I did these f fotos. Although one f word street name sign was in front of a neat looking older home. Now I feel I could probably get a job for a real estate company taking fotos of their homes for sale. Don will be mad I did not take a foto of his Ford truck. I say "Foo-foo to that!" I could have taken fotos of fountains since Columbus is the Fountain City. I do pass by one fountain daily, but it no longer flows with water. Still she is beautiful in a classical way and may be a later post to come in the future... I had a foto of a tree that looked liked fingers, but it just didn't figure in here. I took a foto of Fred's discount store which is a place I frequent almost weekly, but it would not fit as the fifth foto; the fifth wheel. Believe it or not I was filtering down to only one post for f. I did not cheat and look at anyone else's f words first, wanting to savor the surprise. Forgive me if I forgot any. I feverishly await your feedback...

forever your's,
theRAV forevermore

If you would like to participate in ABC Wednesday, please go to:

http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your "F" was very fitting. The fotos and the flowers and the flag were fab.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Very nice F post

Neva said...

A very nice "F".

FO - 2 said...

Nice choises for the F.
Beautiful flowers and nice tributes. :)

Petunia said...

Great F post! Flag and a blue sky is always beautiful.
Well done!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks again for all your comments.

Janet said...

Lots and lots of "F"s here! Love the photos of the flowers. Think Spring!!

Dragonstar said...

That's the funniest post I've seen this week! Thanks.

Katney said...

I don't think you forgot anything.