Wednesday, July 2, 2008

X is for...

 


The only word I could come up with for X is for... words for ABC Wednesday were the above ones.

XTRA! EXTRA!
I was going to use a newspaper type article but what to say? That Rhett and I made if safely back from our 6 Flags trip. The calves of my legs were stiff and sore from all the walking and hill climbing we did. My lips were sunburned because I forgot to pack anything for them, but luckily a friend had some Carmex along with her so I was thankful for Carol for having it. I shuffled around like Tim Conway did on the "Carol Burnett Show" as the old man the next couple of days.

The XTRA! XTRA! story came in the form of a teenager being decapitated on a ride at 6 Flags the day after we left! I was thankful this did not happen while we were there. Rhett would have had nightmares for sure. I have heard differing stories about this tragedy such as he went back for his hat and was hit in the head by someone's legs with a force so strong it knocked his head off. Then I heard he was trying to grab onto someone ass the ride began. I did not watch the news this weekend nor read the paper so I cannot offer a link. Sorry. Just please when you go to places such as this amusement park, be XTRA careful.

 


I remembered we have this printing place called Xpress Printing so Rhett and I stopped yesterday evening so I could take this photo. I have never used them. I started to buy a pack of Extra gum and photograph it, but figured this would suffice and I didn't want to go to the extremes as I usually do.

May you have an X-tra special, xtraoridinary day today. Be sure to read my previous post entitled "A Bat's Tale". If you would like to participate in ABC Wednesday X is for..., please go to the following...
http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

esnorway said...

nice x

Dragonstar said...

Clever idea. This was a hard week. Dreadful about that young man.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thankx, esnorway and dragonstar. Yes, it was dreadful about the young man. Thankx for stopping by and commenting.

Unknown said...

Great choices for the letter X!

Bear Naked said...

An eXcellent post for ABC Wednesday

mrsnesbitt said...

Your timing was right, to miss such an horrendous accident!

Great post...creative and appropriate!

Have a great Day.
Dxx

Rune Eide said...

That was an Xtra post indeed!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thankx John, bare naked, Denise and runee for your kind comments