Monday, July 21, 2008

Odd Shot Monday 7/21/08

 


Sometimes it pays to drive over to the other side of town and see what life is like there. I wasn't sure if you could tell what this was so I will tell you. After we dropped off the computer for repair, we took Don's cell phone to Alltel. There was a Krispy Kreme across it's parking lot. Rhett loves doughnuts. I asked him if he'd like to walk over there instead of driving so we'd save a bit of gas. He said "YES!" really fast. As soon as I stepped inside, I saw this and knew I had to take a photo of it. It is their neon sign only it wasn't lit up in daylight so it looked odd, but neat to me. Now is that what you guessed?
~theRAV~

If you would like to participate in Odd Shot Mondday, please go to the following...
http://katneyskaboodle.blogspot.com/

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice catch for odd shots, Odd for sure!

dixymiss said...

Cool shot, Becky. At first glance, I thought flies were trapped inside. I featured a neon sign for Odd Shots too ~ only your subject is much more appetizing! ;-)

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks John and DiXymiss. DiXymiss you are too funny.

Diane said...

GREAT odd shot Becky! It is really cool, and I would not have guessed what it was...especially since I don't have my glasses on ~ again! LOL....

Lilli & Nevada said...

nope but it certainly is odd

Paulie said...

I recognize a doughnut and a bar AFYER you told us what kind of a place it was. lol

Anonymous said...

I thought those dots were flys at first then saw they were the fixing clips for the neon tube.
Very good choice in the odd object category whereas I usted a pic that was sort of the odd one out.

Dragonstar said...

I thought it was a glass sculpture! Looks most Odd without the light on.

Unknown said...

Yeah, you can really find treasures there! Hope you are having a great day!

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Diane. I keep misplacing my glasses. I guess I need one of those rope thingies but figure it would make me feel old if I wore it. LOL. Thanks Lillie & Nevada for stopping by. Yeah, I did give it away, didnt' I, Paulie? Aileni, that is so funny you thought they were flies then I went back to look again & could see why you though that. I saw flies too. Thanks Dragonstar & for the people for you comments. Glad ya'll like this one.

dot said...

Neat shot! I never would have guessed it in a million years.

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Dot. I probably would not have guessed it either.