Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday & Happy 4th

First of all I am so thankful Rhett and I returned safely from 6 Flags Over GA last Friday as I have already mentioned in the previous posts. I did not have a good feeling about this trip as I did our 1st one last year. I couldn't get excited about it for some reason. In fact, I was sort of dreading it. All the walking and all the heat. But us moms will do most anything for our child. Plus Don was off, but not wanting to go which made me mad at him. He'd hurt his back at work picking up heavy metal so I forgave him. Luckily the robbers did not take Don's insulated camo bag we carried bottled water inside so I was thankful for that.

I was thankful we were there the day we went and not the next day when the young boy got beheaded by the Batman ride. I don't think we would have ever gotten over that if we had actually seen it happen. It was bad enough just hearing about it. I think they even heard about it in Ireland. It is weird and surreal because as we were passing by one of the rides near where we parked, there were hats aplenty lying all around. It really made you think.

This 4th of July I have a lot to be thankful for... Our freedom to do as we please within reason of course. A holiday to be off work and spend time with family. Freedom to celebrate. Freedom of religion without molestation.

Our preacher came up with an idea about a freedom board at church. He asked for names of family members and it turned out I had a lot of names to contribute. Don was the only one in his family. On the freedom board are my grandfather on my Daddy's side, my Daddy, Uncle Bert, my Uncle Frank, my Uncle R. F., my Uncle Butch, my Uncle Lucky and my cousin Lance. I realized I left a few more out as I typed this list and will give those to our preacher since he plans to leave the board up for a long while. Probably until it fades. I took the photos last night as well as THE most beautiful golden orange sunset the good Lord blessed me with outside the church doors. So I was thankful for that too. I guess I am thankful for little things like that. I printed the photos at Walmart today to show to my Daddy tonight as we celebrate my mom's birthday at Red Lobster. I need to get copies for my Aunt Pearl since Uncle Bert's name is on there. uncle Bert passed away back in April and was a real Army man. I need to make copies for my Uncle Frank as well. Uncle Frank got some bad news this week. His cancer meds were so expensive he told them to just put them back on the shelf; that he would go be with God and his son. We are looking into getting him some help. I am thankful for all these male relatives of mine who served our country. I am so thankful for my family especially my mom since it is her birthday today. She was almost a firecracker! LOL

I hope you have a great 4th of July!

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please go to the following...
http://www.eph2810.com/


 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tom said...

I called back to see how your Sky Watch went and got to reading this... I do not have any religious beliefs but I do stand by good good and thoughtful and looking out for folk.
I do how every agree about being thankful... I'm thankful for many many things.. some small some big.. I just wanted you to know that little bit abut me. All the very best to you all.. I hope Don'd back is on the mend.
Tom

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks Tom for your comment on this one beside the Sky Watch posts. That meant a lot to me.

Paulie said...

I like your bulletin board.