Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Allow Joy

Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Allow joy

Joy is your true nature. That's why it feels so right. Simple yet profound, joy asks only to be. Joy fills your life to the extent that you allow it. Let go of the frustration, the anger, envy and worry. And joy comes quickly to fill the void. The smallest things can inspire joy. And the biggest moments in life benefit when they are lived in joy. Joy costs nothing and yet it gives so much. Joy is completely unreasonable and that is its most powerfully compelling reason. Joy is always here and now. Allow joy to fill your heart, and its great value will fill your world.
-- Ralph Marston--

Yes, the smallest things can inspire joy. So true especially this morning as Rhett & I were walking out the door. A red bird was on the bricks of the kitchen window serenading us with his morning song. Rhett said he'd never been that close to a bird before. I recalled one flew by me standing on my mom's back steps recently. I thought it was going to hit me!

At work I finally got a new phone cord so I could hear static free. The cord was gray which matches the interfacing of the phone. I was thrilled. As I have said before, it doesn't take much for me. It is the simple things such as these things that mean far more to me. I was told the appreciation for them comes with age. LOL

Rhett got to play a WE yesterday so that was all he talked about getting for Christmas to the point I told him I was not buyin one that night. I am going to purchase a shredder on sale of my mom at Staples this evening after work. Color copies are on sale at two place. Office Max is much cheaper so that may wait til Thursday. Planning on having grilled cheese sandwiches for supper. On Thursday there is another Artist guild meeting and I have niggling doubts about myself, but my friend Cheryl's past words were what I really needed to re-read today to build up my confidence in myself. I will probably join the guild. Will joining make me a real artist? We have our granddaughter's birthday party on Saturday evening to look forward to as well as my two best friends will be in town soon. Can't wait! Life is good. I certainly found the joy today.

Did you find Joy today?
~theRAV~

1 comment:

Kutitap said...

Don’t have the necessary items for the office? Here are some Office Max coupons so you can buy some top-notch supplies and services.