Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Blue Lady Butterfly Ink Blots

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Now this was what I had originally intended to blog about; to toot my own horn about. I did this on the 4th of July. Leah had the idea on her blog a day or so before the 3rd so I knew I wanted Rhett & I to try it. We dropped a drop of paint in a journal my friend Genie gave me for my birthday and this was the result. Later I read Leah did a butterfly too. This is the link to her post:
http://www.creativeeveryday.com/creativeeveryday/2008/07/juggling-acts.html

I was pretty proud of this although it was hard to photograph. I felt it had to be finished that day. It was really, really something I wanted to do and complete. Janet of Lavendar Loft should be proud of me for messing up two pages in a journal. LOL If you zoom in, you can see a red bird with yellow feathers also. I took a pic of that but did not like the lines from the journal in it. I will probably crop that part out of the photo and use it in a collage.

2 comments:

Leah said...

beautiful!! you did a great job! i enjoyed seeing what you created with your inkblots and i'm glad you tried it out. makes me want to do some more. :-)

becky aka theRAV said...

Thanks, Leah. That means a lot coming from you. Makes me want to do more too!