Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tooting My Own Horn on Tuesday Toot 3/11/08


Yes, I am tooting my own horn today. In fact, I started tooting yesterday because one of my stamp designs I submitted to http://www.zazzle.com/ sold not once but twice!! My first sale here. Once I received the email, I sent it out to all my friends. If I had been walking, I would have felt as if I was floating! So now I am a PAID ARTIST. I owe half of it to my husband Don because he fixed the skeleton behind the heart magnet on the fridge, but I haven't told him that so sh-h. I just took the photo. To view it, go to this post of it: http://quoththerav3.blogspot.com/2008/02/valentines-2008.html


After work, Rhett & I went to the library where I submitted two more ideas to zazzle.com. One I had been meaning to do. It is a St. Paddy's day theme t-shirt. The other was another button which I know I will buy because it has theRAV on it. I will play around with more ideas like it with different fonts.


Today I received the personal rubber stamp I ordered from the office supply company we use at work. I still get the same discount only I have to pay tax. I ordered a copyright stamp that says:

~C theRAV~
which can be seen in the above doodle. The doodle was made of ink blots from my favorite pen. I love the Zebra SARASA 7.0 gel pen in navy. I thought I could use this stamp to stamp on my art work. Believe it or not, I have not been a stamping fool with it today. I have only stamped it about three times as if savoring it. When I had to send a invoice to accounting, I stamp it with a "received" stamp. I was tempted to use my new one, but knew no one would get it. I hope you get my ink blots. I see Andy Rooney at the top, an eye, a man and a few other things. What do you see?

If you have something to toot your own horn about today, please go to:

1 comment:

Angela said...

Congrats! It's great to get validation by getting paid. Good luck with your future design